Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5x10" 18.75 kHz coil question

Tenspeed

I am looking at purchasing a 5x10" 18.75 kHz coil for my XTerra 70 and was wanting opinions from people familiar with the combination on the strengths/weaknesses of this setup.

I have signed up to go to England with a friend and was going to take my XTerra 70 with this coil as a backup to my ETrac (maybe primary) because I understand this coil will see the smaller gold better/deeper than the ETrac (and be lighter for 10 hour hunting days).

I am going to pull out my XTerra to refamiliarize myself with it since it has been hibernating for 4.5 years (except for occasional loaner use) and was hoping to get some input from hunters familiar with this combination.

I am seeing people are using AM more now and will have to get familiar with this on my XTerra (hopeully sounds busy like two tone ferrous on the ETrac except with multi tones).

Any comments would be appreciated. I have about 4.5 months until we go to get familiar with the combination so I can be effective with either machine.

Thanks for the help!

My favorite coil is the 5x10...light weight,very sensitive to small jewelry,good separation of close targets..I hunt AM,4 tone.Weakness is in the ears.They can break by the shaft mount cutting into the coil ears,shim it with nylon washers.check periodically. GL

Thanks for the great information. I will be very careful with mounting. I actually have some teflon sheet that I can cut to fit, if it isn't too thick.