Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

5x10 Elliptical

foreign object

My Sharpshooter coil died today on my F75.
Wondering if any of you guys used the Fisher 5x10 and what your thoughts are.

Thanks
FO

I just got a 5x10 and it works just fine, and I like the footprint a little better than the NEL sharpshooter. As for dept it is a little less on my air testing. Here is my testing results for all the coils I could get my hands on.

Please note that I added up the disc depth to get a score for each coil, and I didn't include AM numbers because I don't hunt in AM. Those numbers are at the right of the chart in the colored boxes.

Also note the top chart was using a clad quarter and the bottom one I was using a clad dime for a target.

Hope this helps,

Ron in WV

Thanks for the info Ron.

Weight wise how do they compare between the Sharpshooter and 5x10?

I knew they were pretty close to the same, but I put them on a scale and the NEL sharpshooter is 15oz and the 5x10 is 1lb-1oz.

Ron in WV

The 5 x 10 DD weighs more then the Sharpshooter? That really surprises me. I had a 5 x 10 on my last LTD and I may have bet the ranch, If I had one, that it was several ounces lighter then the Sharpshooter I have on my A T Pro. But, I have never weighed them. Thanks for the info. HH jim tn

It's lighter , more nimble/gets closer around the equipment , quieter , has good depth and covers much more ground than the 5" and is a DD where most of the ground I hit detect is 3 or 4 bars and GBs in the upper 80s.
In addition , I sold the 5x10 with the first F75 and bought the NEL with the second , so that's the one I have. :)