Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6-1-13 live hunt with Outlawr

GunnarMN

I am searching the layer that the seated dime came out of , beleive it or not , most of what you find is cut nails and stove parts and things but in the same stuff that nice seated came out , this layer is about 20 to 30 " deep and covers a large earea, the house burned in 1926 and the dibree and lots of the yard was dumped up on the hill and spread out , it was in this that so far an 1862 Indian head penny , and the 1879 rare dime came out of I think i stand a good chance of finding another coin hope you can like the video [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGMpTQbpNrE[/video]

wait, what? When did you find the seated dime...and an Indian head!? Ive been reading every new post of yours waiting to see you find your first silver with the Outlaw! How did I miss that?! Or was the dime on a suface find?

Anyway, Cool vid Gunnar. Thanks for sharing!

Mojo i found the seated dime in this very spot two years ago , I was all discouraged that i could not get into town to detect, so i just went out for a walk , with my trowel and on my way back i seen somthing shiny in a wash out in the middle of that dirt road , I bent down to pick it up and seen a lady sitting and i could not beleave it it was an 1879 dime and it turns out to be a rare mintige that farm used to be homsteaded by nathan tabor in 1879 and he died in 1896 of namonia I think this was one of his suvneers, and when the old house burned in 1926 his long lost stash got lost , well anyway to make way for farming they cleaned up around the old farm scooped up all the junk along with lots of top soil and dumped it up on the hill , the spot where the dime came from has hundreds of cut nails and thas why i could not find it with all my detectors it was only 5" deep it took a rain storm to uncover it , and i found it without a detector so i am digging in that diby feild , all kinds of metal and sho knows maybe another nice coin somday for now stove parts are predominating but its all up thear all kinds of things the 1862 penny was in the same layer to

Gunnar,is this what you are taking about? http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,1516199,1516199#msg-1516199
I hunted a site like that one time it was a old soft drink stand at a ball field that had been in use for about 80 years it still had the old rusted out top lid drink box.The iron bottle caps were solid down to 6 in.no detector could get though .I set up a shaker screen and shoveled bottle caps and all in an got a bunch of silver and buffaloes,then went back with my golden saber 2 and 4 in coil an found a bunch more.

thats a cool hunting spot. knowing something about the history makes all the difference.

Great video Gunnar. Why don't you head up towards the top of the hill where you found the seated dime? You need to make yourself a nice shaker screen so you can carry out your archaeological excavations.

Pulltaber that is it , thats the 1st post on that dime , see you got smart and sifted , and found silver that was masked, serton spots are just to trashy and have to be sifted, me and a buddy sifted between two big cotton wood trees by an old house and found an 1877 indian head in great shape several wheats, a rosei dime and a buffalow nickle and a giant Indain spear point and get this it was only a 6x6 hole and 1 ft deep why we never went back i do not know but i cant now as i dont live nearby , Jimmy I have sifted but it is easear to sift with the detector plus some intresting Iron comes out but ya i just have to dig holesand sift with the coil the south side of tabors house in the feild is really infested to I know thear has to be some silver in that but thats clay and its hard sifting that you just have to dig nails or wait till the plow goes by they planted it today but the farmer on the other side said i could hunt his land and he said thear is an old homstead on that and he told me where it is and he is not planting this year so that will be great . the dime spot is on our land so its my defalt spot when i cant go somwhear els

Joe with your michanical ability , you would do a great job, I remember that nice scoop you made , you are a craftsman for shure.