Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6-9 coil...any advantages over 5-8 DD?

vanner

Looking to get the 6-9 concentric coil, but that 5-8 DD looks tempting also. Are there any advantages in using the 6-9 concentric that would make it more worthwhile getting than the 5-8 DD on the AT Pro....I already have the sniper coil...... any help appreciated

To answer you question, yes the DD will separate targets better. I think the best illustration of this is on page 43 of the At Pro manual.

Jerry

I think the 5X8DD would do better in heavy trash due to it being just a bit smaller allowing you to weed your way through the trash slowly but it more than likely would not discriminate as well on screw caps ( just remember the Pro audio can help with the discrimination on screw caps with the DD coils). The 5X8DD would do better in higher mineralized ground as all DD type coils normally do.

I use the 6.5X9 concentric coil all the time on the AT Pro and I can tell by experience that the 6.5X9 does really well in trashy areas and I am very pleased with it plus it still has the advantage of covering a little more ground, The 6.5X9 does pinpoint well has solid depth and it is really balanced and comfortable to swing on the detector.

Happy & Safe Hunting To All,:detecting:
Bill G

I hear ya Bill. I just got the 10X12 concentric for much the same reasons. I really like it and probably will keep it on except for really trashy areas.

Jerry

thanks for the replies ... I was just about to purchase the 6-9 on e-bay, but sounds like the 5-8 will be more useful alround

rockvillerelichunter said:
Anyone have any idea of what the best settings would be ?

Not to offend but I hear this question ask a lot about different detectors all the time. A good setting in one area may not be good in another.The real answer is the specific ground condition in your area at the time of your hunt will determine the best setting for your detector. Set the level of discrimination or all metal based on how you want to hunt, then set the sensitivity as high as you can while still maintaining detector stability along with a good stable ground balance and your good to go as a rule of thumb with a VLF detector. If there is a lot of trash, iron or hot rocks and it's reaping havoc on the detector back the sensitivity down a little and re ground balance, repeat as needed to get stability. This information will allow you to get the best or proper settings for your detector based on the type of ground your hunting in at the time.

Happy & Safe Hunting To All,:detecting:
Bill G

[size=large]what ever you do, don't gloat at the end of the hunt. the others are gunna feel bad enough as is.

HH[/size]