Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6" Coil and Nox Update

Sundown08

Hi Everyone:

I just received my new 6" coil for my Equinox 800. I had read where some say that the 6" coil did not work as well after the update. My Equinox has been updated. Wondering if I should revert back to the original operating system. I also noticed that my pinpointing seems a bit off after the update but that could be me as I am new at this and learning.

Thanks,

Steve

My 6 incher works just fine after the update & that baby is hot , really deep for a small coil. Never had a problem with pin pointing before or after the update,always pinpointed right at the dimple on the 11 inch & dead on with the 6 incher.
Matt

Hi sniff it out:

Thanks for the reply. I am going to hook up the 6” coil and leave everything else as is.

Regards,

Steve

My 800 is updated and the 6” coil is awesome. I run recovery at 4 and I’m digging 6” coins other no problems. I haven’t taken it off my detector since. Good luck and HH.

Just got mine and only tried it in light rain but could see there will be a lot of
Targets to dig in my pounded heavy iron sites. I’m using
the updated software.

I would have to agree with the rest- the 6 inch and the update are a killer combo, just hunt low and slow:detecting:
Jeff

Ive got a lot of hours on the old programs...... and ive learned a lot about how it works. The new programs air testing hits the same on almost all the gold i tested except open earrings. BUT...... having over 700 hours on the old programs i couldnt get used to some differences that made the old program more comfortable to me..... especially IN the water more so than wet and dry sand.

Dew

Hi Everyone:

I received my 6” coil yesterday. Hooked it up real quick when I got home and took it out before the rains started here. I am using an equinox 800 on park 1 with the update. I live in an RV park and the EMI here can get pretty bad at times. Went out near my rig and within the first few minutes I found a quarter about six inches down. Went a few feet and found a nickel at about 4”. My last find before the rain started was a penny about 5-6”. The other really great thing I noticed is how quiet my machine was. I was able to run the sensitivity at 23 with no problem! Can’t wait to go hunting tomorrow after the weather clears. Thank you all for your help and advice!

Regards,

Steve