Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6" concentric coil

Jackpine Savage

Anyone here use the 6" concentric coil in iron? All I read about is the HF 5x10 in iron. I have always preferred concentrics for iron hunting and am considering getting another X-terra.

Thanks

I have, and since the coil pattern is a cone shape, I think it works just as good as a DD if not better. Just have to work it a little slower, of course I dig any one way or high tone/ low tone mixed signal. Anytime I have played with nails next to buttons or bullets there is always a time where the high tone is there. My best finds have been in a carpet of square nails.....Mark

Hey thanks Mark.

Good to hear it works for you in iron. Back when I had the 70 there weren't many coils available for it, slow was always best on the 70 in iron.

Tom

Jackpine Savage said:
Hey thanks Mark.

Good to hear it works for you in iron. Back when I had the 70 there weren't many coils available for it, [size=medium]slow was always best on the 70[/size] in iron.

Tom

Still is...

Mark

Next time you are hunting heavy iron give this a try:

Run all metal (2 tone) and watch the meter to see which iron segment is lighting up the most and then notch that segment out. What happens is you will hear the iron that falls in that segment null the threshold and can then run the gain knob up or down on the fly. lowering the gain when in a constant null really really helped a lot for me.

Tom

It made the 9" concentric "useable" in iron nails for me. Pulled a Barber dime out of my backyard at 5-6" in some nasty iron that was almost a constant null at high sens.

Tom