Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6" digger coil

john67

I just got a coiltek 3 khz digger coil and took it out for about an hour. I dug about 25 pulltabs and not a single coin. I keep reading that everyone loves this coil. every pulltab I dug rang up 38-40-42. you would think at 3 khz this coil would not hit these very hard. if anyone has any tips or info on this coil I'd appreciate it.

The best tips that I can give you are; SLOW DOWN, and Tracking ON.
I love my 6" Digger. It's awesome in heavy trash, but you need to go slow!

Check out these threads too. They will give you a little more insight.

6 Inch DD "Digger" 3kHz X-TERRA coil, by Coiltek........Digger
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,1820573,1820573#msg-1820573

6" 3kHz "Digger" Coil Review .......Old Longhair
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,1826425,1826425#msg-1826425

The Digger has such a small sweep pattern that you have to slow down as OLH said and overlap closely. I love my Digger coil. I use my 10.5 quite a bit but make no mistake, the Digger is a killer. And, regardless of whether it's touted as being strong on silver it still will hit just as hard on any conductive metal that you put it over. If you are using discrimination then it may hit harder on the silver than on the junk but, pull tabs are and always will be a pain to detectorists. Learning how the Digger acts on your machine will go a long ways toward increasing your finds.
And of course there's always the possibility that you just didn't put it over a good target. Hang in there man, it'll click.
HH &GL