Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6 inch coil for the Deus??????

detectordude

Just curious does anyone know if XP is in the process of designing a 6 inch coil, or a smaller coil than the 9 inch, for the Deus? Are they even pondering the idea of a smaller coil for the Deus?
Is it possible that the Deus is so sensitive with its reactivity etc. that it does not need a smaller coil than the 9 inch coil?

Bill

. . . . a 6 inch coil is not on the drawing board . . . remember that XP has other models that are not available in the US that are getting attention as well but don't worry . . . the XP team has the hood up on the Deus as well and are seeing how to cram some more performance in there . . . . .

[attachment 286284 OLDSCC-I-600x465.jpg]

Andy

There is such a desire for a 6" Deus coil that a techie on the geotech forum working on one right now.
However he is only doing it for himself so there won't likely be any 3rd party coils available soon if ever.
Interesting read following his progress if you like the tech stuff.

Andy Sabisch said:
. . . . a 6 inch coil is not on the drawing board . . . remember that XP has other models that are not available in the US that are getting attention as well but don't worry . . . the XP team has the hood up on the Deus as well and are seeing how to cram some more performance in there . . . . .

Andy

Hi, I'm just beeing curious, what kind of xp's models don't you have in US? Do you have the GMP for example?

To come back on the topic, I, and a lot of people here in France, would like to see a 6" or 5", I think it would have been a greater choice than the 11" because of the high reactivity of this MD, it's designed to find beetween the trash and the rust! so we are all waiting for it!

treebeard said:
Hi, I'm just beeing curious, what kind of xp's models don't you have in US? Do you have the GMP for example?

To come back on the topic, I, and a lot of people here in France, would like to see a 6" or 5", I think it would have been a greater choice than the 11" because of the high reactivity of this MD, it's designed to find beetween the trash and the rust! so we are all waiting for it!

I think all that is here is the Deus........

Jim

Thx Jim, it's too bad because the GMP has a lot of adepts in Europe, even if it's the small bro' of the Deus. Some people says that the sounds of the GMP are cristal clear unlike the numeric sounds that Deus is producing. But, I have to confess that we all have this GMP in the Deus, and the GMAXX, and others Xp products, all included ^^ The price is the better argument to actually choose the GMP, except for the "aficionados" thats knows their MD better than their wives.

Hi Bill,

I have tried the smaller coil on my XP GoldMaxx Power and found the 9" coil to be very competitive to the smaller 5" coil. The 9" coil is that good with the XP GoldMaxx Power so it stays on now 100 % of the time, The smaller 5" coil is there just incase the 9" GMP coil get's damaged or quits working.

Recently purchased a used Deus with both 9" & 11" coils, Based from the GoldMaxx Powers performance with the 9" coil no question the Deus 9" coil is all one needs for trashy sites XP did an outstanding job with the 9" coils why go smaller? Plus, One needs a medium size coil for trashy areas then can venture out in cleaner areas for deeper signals and with the 9" coil a user can do both without changing coils.

That's my take with XP and small coils, XP really did a good job on the 9" coil can't see myself going with a smaller when the 9" coil can do as good as a smaller coil.

Take care,
Paul (ca)

treebeard said:
Andy Sabisch said:

Andy

Hi Treebeard,
In my area in NE Oklahoma I only know of three others that have an XP and they are the Deus.

Bill

Old California said:
Hi Bill,

I have tried the smaller coil on my XP GoldMaxx Power and found the 9" coil to be very competitive to the smaller 5" coil. The 9" coil is that good with the XP GoldMaxx Power so it stays on now 100 % of the time, The smaller 5" coil is there just incase the 9" GMP coil get's damaged or quits working.

Recently purchased a used Deus with both 9" & 11" coils, Based from the GoldMaxx Powers performance with the 9" coil no question the Deus 9" coil is all one needs for trashy sites XP did an outstanding job with the 9" coils why go smaller? Plus, One needs a medium size coil for trashy areas then can venture out in cleaner areas for deeper signals and with the 9" coil a user can do both without changing coils.

That's my take with XP and small coils, XP really did a good job on the 9" coil can't see myself going with a smaller when the 9" coil can do as good as a smaller coil.

Take care,
Paul (ca)

Hi Paul,
That helps answer my question "Is it possible that the Deus is so sensitive with its reactivity etc. that it does not need a smaller coil than the 9 inch coil?"

Bill

n/t

Is it possible to put all the electronics ie battery,windings and all the electronic into such a small size coil ??? not really sure,a eliptical coil would be better i would have thought and you could also get all the electronics into it much easier.

The DEUS kick the poop out of my X5 for the Etrac. It was locking up in this area the other day and the Deus with 0 disc was still sniffing out targets. I'm not sure we need a 6". I don't think I do....

I need a bigger coil! :)