Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6 months of the AT Pro

Islandpaddler

All finds in this pic are either gold or silver (coins are mainly 50% silver). I received the AT Pro just before Xmas and the last find in the pic was on Sunday. Not shown is the $1000 of NZ $1 and $2 coins, and uncounted pre-decimals and de-monetised decimals. To get this hoard I estimate it took has taken me over 500 hours of hunting on an island that only has 92km2 of land. Roll on the next 6 months!

Loot-web.jpg

That's pretty darned impressive. Amazing how much lost money there is lying around...

- Muddyshoes

Wow :please: great finds

A picture is worth a thousand words! Amazing.

One thing though...... you didn't mention if you liked your At Pro very much :heh:

Jerry

That's one sweet pile of gold and silver :thumbup:

With all this time and experience on the AT Pro, can you share any treasure hunting tips with us, especially for GOLD HUNTING :detecting:

HH,
Brian

And I gather you are NOT in the picked over, detected-to-death USA?

Cal_Cobra said:

With all this time and experience on the AT Pro, can you share any treasure hunting tips with us, especially for GOLD HUNTING :detecting:

HH,
Brian[/quote

Yeah, dig pull tabs! :heh:

Seriously thou, I just see an opportunity and grab it. For example last week I scored 6 of those gold rings because I spotted a small patch of erosion (200m x 10m) on one of the beaches. Wasn't a big cut - the beach level just looked lower then previously in that spot. When I started to find old coins I hit it hard every night for a week. The gold sovereign came from a washout in the dry sand area of a beach after a once in a hundred year rain fall. Just gotta keep those eyes peeled for anything that looks different and could lead to a good hunt. Also if hunting a new area I head to spots others wouldn't bother with like around the rocks at the end of the beach, under low growing trees and scrub in the parks etc.

And for the AT - if you get a very faint "hollow" sounding tone DIG! It is normally a good target deep down.

Islandpaddler said:
Cal_Cobra said:

HH,
Brian[/quote

Seriously thou, I just see an opportunity and grab it. For example last week I scored 6 of those gold rings because I spotted a small patch of erosion (200m x 10m) on one of the beaches. Wasn't a big cut - the beach level just looked lower then previously in that spot. When I started to find old coins I hit it hard every night for a week. The gold sovereign came from a washout in the dry sand area of a beach after a once in a hundred year rain fall. Just gotta keep those eyes peeled for anything that looks different and could lead to a good hunt. Also if hunting a new area I head to spots others wouldn't bother with like around the rocks at the end of the beach, under low growing trees and scrub in the parks etc.

And for the AT - if you get a very faint "hollow" sounding tone DIG! It is normally a good target deep down.
Ahhhhh, a beach hunter. That explains much. So how has the AT-Pro handled for you in the water?

Hi Dahut,
Not only beach, but parks, reserves, playing fields etc - anywhere with enough room the swing the coil!

But yes the majority of the gold and silver has come from the beaches. I think the reason being is simply that the beaches are where the majority of people hang out. Have used the AT wading up to chest height a few times and it has worked well. GB's out at about 13 in the salt and no problems with leaks or trouble swinging the coil etc. Unfortunately for where I live, we don't get the holes and guts that form on larger beaches on the mainland and overseas. Thus I think water hunting is an activity for new deposits in the summer only (too cold here at the moment to get into the water anyway!).

Totally awesome dude!:super:Congrats on the gold and silver!:beers:and a thousand bucks in clad!:surprised:Holy cow!:goodnight:

Islandpaddler said:
Cal_Cobra said:

HH,
Brian[/quote

Thanks for the tips :thumbup:

I can't wait to get this baby in the water!

HH,
Brian

Wow, I knew this tector loves rings. What a great job you have done. Keep it up. ^_^