Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6 years long went by since selling my v3i. Got One again!!

scannerguy1968

Bought a V3i when they came out, Studied it hard, learned many tricks to make it sing and loved it for 2 plus years. Wife was mad I spent so much time with it along with having kids I sold it. Got back into detecting 5 years ago. Created a youtube channel with a massive test bed and ran 30 plus detectors through it. But never the V3i. Mainly due to how many new detectors are out there and thinking tech had to of outran this machine. Settled on the Fors Core as my go to from all my testing.Sometimes the Tejon. They seemed to outdo all others.But the memory of the V3i kept bugging me. Dug so much silver and gold with that thing. Figured it was because I spent so much time with it the time I had it. The itch was too much. Just bought another one last week and have completely forgot how to run it. Been playing with it nonstop and Hit the test bed today after some tweaking, No where near there yet but this machine is still in a class of it's own with how much info it gives while tweaking it compared to others. Got a lot of reading to do now.Hoping to make it sing like I remember.

For a few months now I am the owner of the V3i! I have learned almost nothing as of yet! The weather here in South Central Illinois has not allowed for me to do any metal detecting. In my opinion the V3i is only one of the metal detectors that still has much to offer! Technology has come a long way recently! For the most part, I believe it has only caught up with the V3i.

The V3i has so much to offer! I believe it is still comparable to the latest technology!

Congratulations on your new machine. As a subscriber to your channel, I am really looking forward to the coming V3i videos. It will be neat to see if you fall in love, with the V3i, all over again.

With all the sudden rage over multiple-frequency detectors, I can't help but think that a certain competitor's latest advertisements (for their newest machines) are unintentionally pointing out just how amazing the Whites V3i really is.

While I'd like to see Whites offer a multiple-frequency MX Sport, perhaps with an additional higher frequency, I believe the V3i remains a very strong contender for the most capable machine on the market.

Thanks, I've got I think 6 detectors hanging waiting for thaw to run through the bed right now including the v3i. The Impact, redo of the AT Pro, Explorer SE, and some cheaper ones. Curious of the Impact due to how well the Fors Core was for me. I see minelab is coming out with a true 5 freq machine. But I wonder if it only shows the general VDI vs each freq like the v3i does in pinpoint. That 3 bar graph giving the strongest freq I believe is a must with multiple freq machines. Could be wrong but just my 2 cents.

No the Equinox doesn't show the different frequencies. I does do faster sweeping and hit's deep enough for most

Can't get a better discriminator that is for sure!

HH
Mike

Amazing when understanding that many years ago, the V3i was so much ahead of metal detectors, and now with the technology of today, the V3i may be the only one that still takes back seat to none! It is the only detector that has always been known for the most configurability. With technology moving so fast competition will demand prices be lower, and no longer in metal detectors will one have merit in the old saying 'you get what you pay for'! I knew this for some time! I will learn that V3i! Admittedly, it is daunting with the arduous learning curve! With the fact that I am growing older in age I still find the challenge exactly what I am looking for. I love it!

I think I have my V3i in tune and make great finds with it. However every time I use it it makes me think of different things I can do to improve my hunting. I’m still learning and getting better after 3 years with it.

Initially, I purchased one of White's expensive detectors, the MXT All Pro, and quickly learned the Spectra V3i was the top of the line. And, that there was so much more to be desired by owning the flag ship of the White's line. There is much on the horizon at this time. In my honest opinion that at this time the only thing that they can do is to catch up with the Spectra V3i. The Spectra V3i still takes back seat to no one. I will be compelled to learn the Spectra V3i. I believe that like all detectors one should learn their machine. Although, the MXT All Pro is a wonderful machine, a detector can only do what it was designed to do. The Spectra was designed to scan multiple frequencies. And, it has the configurability like perhaps, no other!

irnwrkr said:
If only they would waterproof it.

Or just improve the ground balance circuit and make the disc audio more responsive and communicative. Great detector though. Far ahead of its time and underappreciated for the engineering marvel it is.