Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

600 or 800

Steve Ia

I plan to order an Equinox as soon as they become available. I mainly relic and coin hunt. I would enjoy wireless headphones, but not sure if I would really need the gold frequencies. Am I wrong to assume I could use Blue tooth headphones, and if I did would the lag I would experience be noticeable? I have never used wireless before so I'm kind of in the dark on the subject. So my question is if I do not hunt for gold other than jewelry I may happen upon would I still be better off with the 800. Right now I'm thinking that the 600 would fill my needs.

www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2409552

I've seen some YouTube videos where guys using high frequency coils/machines have had success relic hunting.

manual ground balance, more back light options & wireless headphones do it for me

I am going 600 and thinking I'd rather use the difference for a coil.

pasttom said:
I am going 600 and thinking I'd rather use the difference for a coil.

Which coil are you going to go for, 6 inch or 15 inch?

Nagant, By the chart it appears both the 600 and 800 have manual ground balance. The 800 does have manual noise cancel, the 600 only has auto noise cancel. I too thought my money would be better put to use with the 600 and another coil. I like the 5.5 x 9.5 that I use on the X Terra. It goes well around stubble, still has good coverage and separates pretty well. I will hold out to see if they come out with any coils besides 6 and 15.
I'm a big fan of the Sov and Explorers, but the weight was game over for me. Hoping the Nox will give me some of that tech and tones without the weight.

I like the idea of tone break pitch and volume adjustment ( non ferrous ) on the 800 , would be pretty sweet to be able to adjust those. And the included wireless option would be great. But none of those are critical. And since both the 600 and 800 use all the same frequencies in multi mode , the average multi purpose detectorist really isn't going to miss anything with the 600 except the previously mentioned non critical tone adjustments for non ferrous. ( if I understand them correctly ) So , unless you plan on prospecting , seems like getting the 600 and using the difference for an extra coil or wireless setup isn't a bad idea.

I had read that Bluetooth headphones and the means to connect to the equinox was included. I may well be wrong. perhaps someone with more knowledge on what it includes can educate me.

The 600 is blue tooth and WM 08 compatible but comes with wired phones, 800 with wireless phones. I don't have a clue about WM but is included with the 800

Jason, I am thinking the 15. I love small coils but have it covered with a Gold Racer and a Racer 2 with small coils. I believe the 600 has all the poop to run existing Bluetooth headphones and is an exact match for the 800 in multifreq modes, just not offering several tone adjustments and the gold mode including top two single freq choices.

If you like to use threshold based all metal, I believe that option is only available with in the Gold Mode on the 800..
Going with the 800 seems like such an easy decision to me.

Bryan

Bryan V said:
If you like to use threshold based all metal, I believe that option is only available with in the Gold Mode on the 800..
Going with the 800 seems like such an easy decision to me.

Bryan

Wish the 800 had an all-metal threshold based option in all modes, but at least it will have it in Gold Mode. In addition to all the other tone adjustments that the 800 has and the 600 doesn't, having true all-metal capability in at least 20 and 40 kHz, makes it a no-brainer to go with the 800.

I thought about the 600 but went with the 800 because
I want all possible options for settings like tone
break, reactivity, user profile button. I also
want the 20 KHz frequency and I want all wireless
options available, though I expect the included
Bluetooth headphones will be adaquated. I don't
expect I will be using the gold mode very often
but if I ever travel out west or northwest I'd love
to give real prospecting a try. If the cost difference
was like $500 I'd probably have gone with the 600.