Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6000 di pro xl control box

dougmanning

Hi; is the control box on the 6000 di pro xl , the same sized as the mxt? i want to have box cover made for mind ! thanks Doug

If you are talking about the 6000 Di Pro SL, it has a larger control box than the MXT.
If you are talking about the 6000 Pro XL, it has the same size box as the MXT.

OK, I will try again. If the 6000 detector you are interested in uses 8 AA batteries, the control box is the same size as an MXT. If the 6000 detector you are interested in uses sized C batteries, the control box is larger than an MXT.

Hope that helps.
Bob

That's what Hunt4Fun is trying to qualify, but his question regarding battery power is the better approach to narrowing down what you have.

White's made the 6000 Di Series 3, then the 6000 Di Pro (Auto-Trac), then the 6000 Di Pro Plus, then the black version of the 6000 Di Pro SL.

That model was discontinued and the larger housings, powered by 4 C-cell batteries, was replaced by a completely engineered new model that used the smaller housing and the slide-in 8-AA battery tray. It was named the 6000 Pro XL. There was no longer a 'Di' in the name. It was later renamed simply the XL Pro (on the outside of the housing, but 6000 XL Pro in the battery compartment).

My guess is you have the 6000 Pro XL, powered by 8-AA batteries, but there is no 'Di' in the name.

Thank you, Monte. I could not find the right words but as usual you expressed it perfectly.