Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6000 Pro XL Question

Happy_Hour

Local auction barn on this coming Thursday night auction, there is for grabs a 6000 Pro XL with box, matching serial numbers, manual and stock coil. Looks to be 99% spotless and works and never gave a second thought about owning one. What would be a decent bid price on this detector.

When thy've come up for sale in the last two years or so they've sold for $300 to $400+ depending on the condition and accesories.
This sounds like a really nice one.
I've had one and if I could get another for around $300, I would.

What ever you are willing to pay... within reason.. perhaps up to half of the original selling price tops. I would only bid to 1/3 of new price if I were bidding on it.
Problem will be novice bidders. They have no idea ..and impulse bid. I recently saw a not in great shape rainbow XLT sell at a local auction for $650.00.

I would see if you can make a before auction buy....

I paid $475 for mine new in the box 11 years ago, thought that was a great deal since msrp at the time (2007) was $695. I went ahead and had the 4 tone mrand tone ID mod done, just a swell unit for sure. I use the concentric 6½" & 8" coils on mine and it does fairly well in trash, but nothing like a 2 filter machine like the IDX Pro. It takes a little experience with one to run it at optimum with a higher Signal Balance setting and then "Lock" the Ground Balance after a good Auto Track® setting. They are a fun machine once you learn it well....GL & HH

I have a very nice 6000 Pro XL, with the 6" and the 9.5" coil. Would it be a bad deal to try and trade for a 600 EQ? I don't want to take advantage of any or any one take me. I have been thinking about putting it in the wont adds. What do you all think. The 6000 Pro is in very good condition and works like it should.

They have a nice classified forum here, you might give it a shot, Flintstone.....

First, remember to not confuse the model transition. There was the 6000 Di Pro SL which used the larger control housing and was a little heavier. It was replaced by a newer, re-engineered model called the 6000 Pro XL that used the smaller-size 'Slim-Line' housing and had the slide-in 8-AA battery tray. That very same model had a simple name change about eighteen years ago to simply the XL Pro. All the same internals and performance, just an outside decal change to eliminate any numeral reference and be just the XL Pro. Inside the battery door, however, is does have '6000' prior to XL Pro.

Either of these models, the 6000 Pro XL or the XL Pro, are some of my favorite White's models and I have bought them ... and then sold them ... in the past 6 years for anywhere from $275 to $395, and some came with 2 coils. I see two on the big auction site asking $500 or more and I wouldn't pay that much as you can find them more affordable than that. So don't be fooled by how well they perform unless you can check them out; don't make a mistake on the production model name; and don't over-pay unless you are very certain it is a unit that you really want and will use in order to get your money's worth out of it.

Opinions are free,

Monte