Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6000 XL pro COIL Questions

GTzer

Posted this in the Analog section also:

Hi. Finally got a beautiful,pristine 6000 xl pro. Even the box is mint. Couldn't have more than a few test hours on it.
Read for hours on this site and.....everywhere I could -Which led me to the decision to seek this MD. I could not use my 6000 Di series 3 anymore due to its weight. It was fine when I was younger and doing labor work. I got it in '83. Now I'm older and a full time musician. The weight just made it so I can't do work & MD w/o a few days in between.
I missed the past 20-25 xl pros (either by minutes or they were too much $) Glad I missed them because this is new/old stock. Serial # indicate 97th day of 2000.
I missed so many that I actually got a 705 xterra. Great weight & balance. Cool MD. BUT-I missed the PP, DEPTH & the accurate meter. YEP-sometimes time dictates that I cherry pick. (I can always go back when time allows).
Thanks to this site-I'll have a manual tomorrow (in print)

Questions- From reading here-I want a Black Max 5.3/ Bullseye Coil. Anyone know of any sources for new/old stock?
Some of this info was dated-are there any new coils -like DD's that: would be compatible or a recent improvement?

I have a 4" (by ruler) 624-0187 coil (white w blue sticker) with the same 5 pin connector that I used with the 6000 Di series 3. Will this be compatible with the xl?

Is there a weather cover/rain jacket made for this unit? I'm thinking that I would like to add electric grease to the tops of the pots & trigger. I'll probably plastic coat the trigger.

Finally-Anyone know of a source or tech that can do the TONE mod? (posted that question in the Modification section also)

I'm ok w the auto GB. I will use that function as well as manual GB (did it for years w the Di)

I'm really pleased to have this analog- it 's more like-ME than the digital.MD. I can swing it between jobs too.

Thanks for all of the great info.

GTzer

Howdy GTzer,

I have a mrand modified 4 tone 6000 Pro XL, it is the bees knees:thumbup: The 5.3 BullsEye coil is still available new as far as I know of, it was listed on their web site the last time I looked. As far as the 4 tone audio kit, there were very few of them in the states. The 4

Hi,
Raincover for the XLT should fit the 6000.
I would not plastic coat the trigger. There are rubber boots for the Minelab switches that should fit the trigger.
Here is a link to the 350 snooper coil
http://www.whiteselectronics.net/calif/accessories_loops_.htm
hh
skookum