Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6000 XL pro COIL Questions

GTzer

Posted in ANALOG also.

Hi. Finally got a beautiful,pristine 6000 xl pro. Even the box is mint. Couldn't have more than a few test hours on it.
Read for hours on this site and.....everywhere I could -Which led me to the decision to seek this MD. I could not use my 6000 Di series 3 anymore due to its weight. It was fine when I was younger and doing labor work. I got it in '83. Now I'm older and a full time musician. The weight just made it so I can't do work & MD w/o a few days in between.
I missed the past 20-25 xl pros (either by minutes or they were too much $) Glad I missed them because this is new/old stock. Serial # indicate 97th day of 2000.
I missed so many that I actually got a 705 xterra. Great weight & balance. Cool MD. BUT-I missed the PP, DEPTH & the accurate meter. YEP-sometimes time dictates that I cherry pick. (I can always go back when time allows).
Thanks to this site-I'll have a manual tomorrow (in print)

[/bQuestions- From reading here-I want a Black Max 5.3/ Bullseye Coil. Anyone know of any sources for new/old stock?]

Some of this info was dated-are there any new coils -like DD's that: would be compatible or a recent improvement? Found the 2 threads below (in this forum) But I'll welcome any other input.-looks like I wasnt the 5.3 What is a general pricing for the Black Max 5.3/ Bullseye Coil?

I have a 4" (by ruler) 624-0187 coil (white w blue sticker) with the same 5 pin connector that I used with the 6000 Di series 3. Will this be compatible with the xl?
This coil is from 1983. It has a metal (brass) screw going thru the tabs to hold it on the shaft. This pre-dates the Blue Max (I believe). Is this a snooper? If not-what is the name of this coil?

Is there a weather cover/rain jacket made for this unit? I'm thinking that I would like to add electric grease to the tops of the pots & trigger. I'll probably plastic coat the trigger.

Finally-Anyone know of a source or tech that can do the TONE mod? (got a few replies in the MOD forum) the more info-the better.

I'm ok w the auto GB. I will use that function as well as manual GB (did it for years w the Di)

I'm really pleased to have this analog- it 's more like-ME than the digital.MD. I can swing it between jobs too.

Thanks for all of the great info.

GTzer

Hey GTzer,

Glad you got one! Great detector. As far as coils go, do you have the 9.5 coil (P/N 801-3217-3) that originally came with it? Yes you can still purchase a Bullseye 5.3 (concentric) from Whites or check with your dealer in your area. There are no true DD coils (5 x 10 or larger) for this machine since DD's didn't come into the picture after XL Pro I'd say 5 to 6 years later. The only DD coil for yours will be the Blue Max 4 x 6 Shooter coil (P/N 801-3220), which is sensitive to smaller objects and better separation too. The draw back is in depth with this little coil. All these coils I mentioned run at 6.592 KHz. P.S., try Kellyco for your coils too.

Your little white 4" coil you mentioned might work but, don't know. As far as weather covers go. I don't think is one made by Whites? Maybe someone will chime in on this and give us more info. than me. I don't know where I saw but, on another forum a individual or company were making covers custom made, I think?

Tone Mode: Don't know if the individual still makes the tone mode board w/switches anymore. Believe he lives in Europe. Nobody I know makes it in USA.

I prefer the Automatic GB myself.

I put together a one page set-up for my XL Pro that I keep in my pocket so that I can glance at when I forget. So here it is:

[size=x-large]XL Pro Quick Set-Up for General Hunting[/size]

1) Place MODE control to GEB/NORM, set SIG BAL to Preset position. Squeeze and release Trigger.

2) Hold coil at waist level, Squeeze and hold Trigger; adjust TUNER Clockwise until a Threshold sound comes up, Release trigger.

3) Push AUTO GEB (toggle switch) to AIR, wait for beep.

4) Lower coil to ground, Pull AUTO GEB (toggle switch), wait for beep. This is GND/AUTO TRAC. . . Leave here.

5) Squeeze and hold trigger and pump the coil several times off the ground listening for any dramatic change in threshold.

a. If there is no change to threshold, the detector is tuned and ready, Release Trigger.

b. If threshold changes when coil is lifted from ground, re-adjustment is needed. Release trigger and proceed to
step 6.

6) If threshold changes when coil is lifted, turn SIG BAL counterclockwise toward BAD GND and repeat steps 3 and 4. Continue until little or no change in threshold is noticeable when coil is lifted.

IMPORTANT: AUTO GEB (toggle switch) must be reset after every SIG BAL adjustment. Failure to reset the AUTO GEB after a SIG BAL adjustment will result in improper ground rejection and poor performance.

The SIG BAL & AUTO GEB controls work in unison to tune out the effects of bad ground and maximize detection depth.

DO NOT adjust the SIG BAL when coil is in the air. Coil must be placed on the ground when adjusting.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck,

TC-NM

GTzer said:
Posted in ANALOG also.

Hi. Finally got a beautiful,pristine 6000 xl pro. Even the box is mint. Couldn't have more than a few test hours on it.
Read for hours on this site and.....everywhere I could -Which led me to the decision to seek this MD. I could not use my 6000 Di series 3 anymore due to its weight. It was fine when I was younger and doing labor work. I got it in '83. Now I'm older and a full time musician. The weight just made it so I can't do work & MD w/o a few days in between.
I missed the past 20-25 xl pros (either by minutes or they were too much $) Glad I missed them because this is new/old stock. Serial # indicate 97th day of 2000.
I missed so many that I actually got a 705 xterra. Great weight & balance. Cool MD. BUT-I missed the PP, DEPTH & the accurate meter. YEP-sometimes time dictates that I cherry pick. (I can always go back when time allows).
Thanks to this site-I'll have a manual tomorrow (in print)

[/bQuestions- From reading here-I want a Black Max 5.3/ Bullseye Coil. Anyone know of any sources for new/old stock?]

Some of this info was dated-are there any new coils -like DD's that: would be compatible or a recent improvement? Found the 2 threads below (in this forum) But I'll welcome any other input.-looks like I wasnt the 5.3 What is a general pricing for the Black Max 5.3/ Bullseye Coil?

I have a 4" (by ruler) 624-0187 coil (white w blue sticker) with the same 5 pin connector that I used with the 6000 Di series 3. Will this be compatible with the xl?
This coil is from 1983. It has a metal (brass) screw going thru the tabs to hold it on the shaft. This pre-dates the Blue Max (I believe). Is this a snooper? If not-what is the name of this coil?

Is there a weather cover/rain jacket made for this unit? I'm thinking that I would like to add electric grease to the tops of the pots & trigger. I'll probably plastic coat the trigger.

Finally-Anyone know of a source or tech that can do the TONE mod? (got a few replies in the MOD forum) the more info-the better.

I'm ok w the auto GB. I will use that function as well as manual GB (did it for years w the Di)

I'm really pleased to have this analog- it 's more like-ME than the digital.MD. I can swing it between jobs too.

Thanks for all of the great info.

GTzer

TC-NM,
Thank you very much for the reply and set up info. I think I already have the set up (from you) I cut and pasted it from some old threads.
I'm missing a bit of info for the MD updates between the 6000 Di Series 3 and 6000 xl- but I'll find it.
The x 705 is cool but I'm looking forward to using a Whites analog again.
Stock coil will do. Eventually I'll get the Bullseye.
GTzer

I used a 6000 di pro for years, and have been thinking about getting an XL. I have been told that the coinmaster pro is a better machine than the 6000, is that true? I loved mine and founds lots of great stuff with it.

I've met the owner of Pedersen's Metal detectors out here in california. I bought my 2 main machines from him. He has been detecting and prospecting using the 6000 pro series for years. He knows how to use all the modes effectively. He keeps a new 6000 XL Pro hidden in the shop as a backup. He is still finding good gold and hasen't gone digital as far as I know.

I start out with the 6000 and then will switch to the GMT to catch the fly shit.

K

Something very cool about knowing an MD and being familiar with it. Especially an analog. I AM still trying to get that w my x705. Sleek & light. Guess I just have more of an affinity for the meter & metal box. Probably my age.

Thanks for the replies & comments.
Gtzer