Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

65 degrees! silver and LC

DougF

beautiful day today - went out for almost two hrs. to take advantage of the weather and moist soil. Perfect day for detecting. I was digging only high conductors today. Right off the bat got a faint signal at 7 inches. Saw the shiny quarter in the dirt pile, was hoping for a Barber or SLQ, but it was a nice '64 Washington. Got that first silver of the year out of the way. After a while I started searching the brush around some big, old trees. The groundskeepers at this park over the years have let brush grow up around the trees, and the brush patches seem to expand a little each year. This time of year is the time to hit these spots, since the vegetation is dead and you can get fairly near the ground. I got a good quarter signal, about 6 inches deep. I really thought it was a deep silver quarter, but it was the 1831 large cent. I haven't cleaned it yet, but it looks to be in good shape, maybe my best LC so far. It was on a hill top spot, so it may not be too corroded. Cold weather this weekend, so I'll probably go out again tomorrow. On the far right is an oil drain plug.

It's 65 degrees here...in my house! Nice finds,LCs don't show up here very often...