Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

6x10 DD coil

njgreg

Any one using the 6x10 DD coil? What kind of results are you getting?

I'm using the 6X10" DD coil on my Vision, Other than some minor falsing so far it's doing well for me at local parks and school grounds. Haven tried it with the TX boost yet, or even with a higher than normal sensitivity or gain settings.

However, I do occasionally get minor falsing with the 6X10" even with medium sens but that could be because the MXT/DFX coil is not not fully compatible with the new Vision model, Some parts of California have tough mineralization and I believe the new 6X10" will take care of that problem, The stock V-3/Vision 10" DD operates fine.

When the new 6X10" V-3/Vision coil comes out I will be getting one, Only then will I feel comfortable using any other coil other than the stock one.

Paul (Ca)

Paul the 6x10 V3 compatible coils are out. This is what Carl@Whites posted.

V-compatible coils are all stamped V. The 6x10 is "VG" I think. Call the distributor, explain what happened, ask for them to expedite the correct coil and a call tag for you to return the other at no cost to you.

- Carl

It seems some guys who ordered their 6x10 coils for their V3 got them with TN numbers. These are the wrong coils. Rob

I am a newbie to metal detecting after a 10 year hiatus. I had a Spectrum XLT before a divorce and just recently purchased a Spectra V3. What is the advantage of the above coil vs the factory coil

Thanks,
Mark

Thanks Rod,

That's great news the new 6x10 V3 version coil is out, I'll ask my Whites dealer and see if he's got one for sale.

I would continue using the MXT 6X10" on my Vision but I'm fixing to use the V-3 in hot ground very soon, So might as well get the right coil for tough soil.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)