Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

7:30AM, first target,first scoop;Platt and Diamond ring.....

bob.oz

But, Not mine to keep!
Got a call yesterday after dinner about a lost ring and since there was still a good hour b4 sunset, I agreed to meet them at the beach. Got there inside of thirty minutes and found several people in the water with masks and others just feeling around with their hands and feet. It had been a couple hours or more since it was lost and the tide had been coming in ever since. It was not a large area and I figured it would not take long to find the ring.......But that didn't happen!!
It was 8:30 when I stopped, and all I had scooped up was 2 quarters, 1 dime, 2 cents and 4 tabs. With sad faces and tears, forgot to mention the ring was lost by the, "bride to be", and this was her Bachelorette party weekend, I told them I would be back in the morning at sunup and was confident I would find the ring.:cool:
Which takes me to this morning........
It was peak high tide when I got there so I decided to grid parallel to the beach starting in knee deep water. Not a target was hit in the first two passes and on the start of the third, I saw the bride and her girlfriend walking on to the beach at the same time getting a very good, fresh drop signal. Seeing the ring in the scoop, I made my way out of the water toward them and without them even having time to put their armful of beach gear down I showed her the ring. Both dropped every thing and I was in the center of a very happy/crying hug.
Got a picture of the ring for myself and her friend took one of us together, still waiting on that one to be sent.
I had already decided the night b4 that I would go hunting the rest of the day after I found her ring, :biggrin:, so I drove down to a favorite part of the beach and hunted till 2:30, The water was flat, the tide was falling and I felt really, really, lucky!! But my long hunt did not scoop up a good karma gold or platt ring for myself. what I got was, lots of coin, $7.17, lead, junk earrings, gold colored broken bracelet/anklet, matchbox car and a Tungsten.
GL ALL

Most fun you can have in this hobby! WTG!

That is such an awesome account!! It's a sad thing to see people loose a valuable ring (especially a young couple) on a beach but what a thrill to recover it for them!! Thankfully I've been there and done that:clapping:

Good job on recovery Bob.
Those people are very happy they got it back.
Feelings and hugs are greatest thing!

Nice one Bob. I was hoping you were still on here. Congrats on the wonderful save and return.

Thanks All....With so much lost jewelry that I/we find that will never get returned, it does feel good to help people out when ever possible. I sure do enjoy it!

scubadetector said:
Nice one Bob. I was hoping you were still on here. Congrats on the wonderful save and return.

Thanks SD,Yep, still here, good to see you on here once and a while...How's Kevin? Still hunting with him?
It's not the post and boast B&W/SDDF it once was, some have been keel hauled, thrown overboard or forced to walk the plank and many have jumped ship for a "friendlier" vessel. Not sure if it was the lack of acknowledgements/accolades, attaboys, WTG's or what, but you still get the tried and true members on here that still like to post their finds, comment on others and help out with their knowledge of beach & water hunting. I still like to post my finds, although not everything I find these days I post and I still like the comments I get as few as they may be sometimes, but....the view count shows that many have looked/lurked/laughed/leered so that keeps me here and humble.
Hope to see you and others post and comment more! GL

bob.oz said:
Thanks All....With so much lost jewelry that I/we find that will never get returned, it does feel good to help people out when ever possible. I sure do enjoy it!

scubadetector said:

Thanks SD,Yep, still here, good to see you on here once and a while...How's Kevin? Still hunting with him?
It's not the post and boast B&W/SDDF it once was, some have been keel hauled, thrown overboard or forced to walk the plank and many have jumped ship for a "friendlier" vessel. Not sure if it was the lack of acknowledgements/accolades, attaboys, WTG's or what, but you still get the tried and true members on here that still like to post their finds, comment on others and help out with their knowledge of beach & water hunting. I still like to post my finds, although not everything I find these days I post and I still like the comments I get as few as they may be sometimes, but....the view count shows that many have looked/lurked/laughed/leered so that keeps me here and humble.
Hope to see you and others post and comment more! GL

Friendlier territory isn't all that friendly sometimes either. Here are some of the problems with these boards as I see them. Some people think they are gods gift to their machine. They have to prove they are better than everyone else. I have seen it everywhere. On one forum a guy proving he was better than everyone was buying coins off Fee-Bay and posting them as coins he found. He got caught.

I can't find colonial coppers and schillings that are found in the eastern states. Most people can't compete with my virgin underwater parks. SO WHAT? I am no better than any one else. I might have a better spot than most have but big deal. We all get a good find now and then if we use our machines and learn what they tell us.

The only way I consider myself better is I dig iffy targets and I get rewarded. The 10.00 gold coin I found was a solid zincoln cent reading. How many would have passed it up? Probably a LOT. The bombs, guns, and machine gun magazines same thing. Who digs overload signals? How many times are they cans? Most the time. Do I care? No way. If it beeps it gets dug.

I still hunt with Kevin, although he is down and out for the remainder of the season. He had back surgery.

This hobby is supposed to be FUN. PERIOD. I have nothing to prove to anyone. I do like showing off my finds and helping others. I guess I brag. I am proud of a lot of my accomplishments. I hope I top 300 silver coins this year. I need 21 more. I also tied my record for walkers. I have found 18. One more and I beat my own record for a year. I am absolutely killing it on silver and I am a happy camper. Gold is a little off but higher than last year.

I will be back here more. I don't cram my machines down anyone's throat. I hunt with what I know and what I like. Good to hear from you. Will come back more often.

Great job on the return . I've never been lucky enough to make a return , but when I do , I hope its to some one as appreciative as this one was for you . Scuba , your post are missed on the maybe other than friendlier side , and nice to see you're doing well . Keep posting , it's always good to learn from the experienced .

Got the pic that her friend took that morning right after Teresa got her ring back...She sure was a lot happier to have it back on her finger!!
*The pics last a lot longer than a reward, which by the way I refused.