Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

7.5 khz coil vs 18.75 khz coil

John(Tx)

Today while testing the XTerra with the stock coil against my CZ6a with 8" coil, I did notice that my CZ would hit the 6" buried penny alot stronger. But I am used to swinging my CZ slow as I was the XTerra. When I sped up the swing speed on the XTerra the hit was alot more like the CZ with a very strong hit, I remembered someone saying the swing speed should not be slow, it does make a difference, so watch your swing speed in the field. Also, wouldn't the 18.75 khz coil be better suited (Go deeper) for relic hunting than the 7.5khz coil especailly if hunting for lower conductivity metals like shell casings, bullets, gold, etc? Have used the XTerra 50 for about an hour and find it user friendly and easy on my bad shoulder. Quarters came in at 42, dimes at 36, nickles at 12 with one boucning from 9 to 12, and pennies ranged from 27 to 36. HH John

will mostly be seen in the responsiveness to various metals, such as the 18.75 kHz coils should, in theory, be a little hotter on the lower-conductive (gold) and smaller targets.

They will not, however, gain added depth, in theory, if the ground mineralization is very high.

A lot of us are anxious to get one of the 18.75 kHz coils mounted up to work afield and learn how they do.

Monte

I was doing some testing on a floor with nails tonight and was dropping coins on the floor to see what they would do. I found that in this case with nails that swinging the coil faster actually dropped the tones and ID numbers of a good coin. When I went slow they locked right on, so I would say like I used to do with my X5 is any iffy signal i would try both fast and slow and see what it would do.
In the Field I did this both with the X-Terra 50 and the 30 and it too worked good.
I will say these X-Terra's sure like to hit the small targets, some deeper ones too.