Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

7" coil

Low-Boy/LCPM

Anyone using the 7" concentric coil in bad iron or even medium square nails and finding it does better than the 5X9 coil?

Sadly, they don't, and won't, make a 7" Concentric for the FORS CoRe or FORS Relic. :cry:

On the CoRe and Relic I like the 5X9½ open-frame DD for more open, low-target areas, but the Impact is, in my opinion, at its best with the 7" Concentric for almost any hunting application. If the trash gets really dense then the 5" DD has an advantage, but otherwise the 7" Concentric is a coil to keep mounted to the Impact full-time.

Just my opinions,

Monte

Should be a killer in high trash that coil , although if it's anything like the other smaller than the stock coils i have used the concentric will not hit the deeper coins.
The stock coil is the only coil that will hit my 6 inch deep old penny in my back garden , can't get a whisper out of any other coil...My garden is littered with iron though...

I'm not sure if it's old news but my 5.5x10 solid concentric and DD for my relic are my favorites.
The newer style is what Monte is talking about open frame. I don't have that one. I don't think I'll get it either unless someone can make a case of how it's better than the solid ones I have

Both the FORS CoRe and FORS Relic have the same-size search coils with the following exceptions:

The smallest coil for the CoRe is the one I named an 'OOR' coil for its slightly Out-Of-Round shape of 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] DD. The smallest Nokta coil for the Relic is the round shaped 5" DD as they describe, but I usually type it in as a 5¼" size as that's what it measures closest to w/o including the coil cover thickness.

Other than the shape of the smallest DD coils, the Relic does have one different search coil available, and that is the solid-body 5½X10 Concentric. Between the Concentric and Double-D solid coils of the same size and shape, my personal favorite is the Concentric coil. Not that the DD design doesn't work, just that the Concentric coil works 'differently' and provides me a certain edge in many applications.

As for comparisons between the two mid-size Double-D designs, the 5½X10 solid-body and the 5X9½ open-frame, I personally prefer the newer open-frame style. Why, you might ask? Because I find the looks to be more 'modern' or 'stylish' and I can feel a slightly different balance in its favor. Better still, the open design lets that coil be worked in a wading Beach Hunting application as it easily works smoothly in the water whereas the solid-body DD is more buoyant and doesn't have a sweep and coil presentation that is as comfortable as the newer open-frame style.

A positive point in favor of all of the available search coils is that they work quite well on what I consider to be the best 19 kHz model available on the market today ... the Nokta FORS Relic.

Just my experienced opinions,

Monte