Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

7" concentric best discrimination ?

swmomark

Recently bought a Nokta Impact. I have been hunting since 1971 and have always had at least one concentric coil for each detector. Most detectors would disc. out the old iron bottle caps when using a concentric coil. While most DD coils would read a bottlecap high in the coin range. With the Noktas being such a high gain detector. I was wondering if using the 7" concentric would help disc. out the older iron bottlecaps ? Has anyone tested this coil on bottlecaps ? Thanks, Mark

I can't remember digging any bottle caps at all with my 7 inch concentric .. it does id or ignore most of them. probably 95% of them..
I do dig the occasional bottle top with the 9 inch concentric..

Can only speak for my anfibios. The 7” con id’s old steel bottle caps as iron and also other iron objects that dd’s often fail to id as iron. The 9” con doesnt do as well as the 7”, for some reason. Regardless of which frequency.

Yes!

Dont have any issues digging crown caps with the concentric ( I only have the 7") now the DD, on the other hand......

On my Anfibio's, the 7" does well with old steel caps that fool dd's and the 7" does better than 9" does on them.

On my Anfibio's, the 7" does well with old steel caps that fool dd's and the 7" does better than 9" does on them.
Have to agree on both the performance on bottle caps, and especially on the 7" Concentric being much better than the 9" Concentric. Both in performance as well as balance and feel.

Monte

Newbie here, when you say 7" CC is better on bottle caps, what does that mean. Are you saying that the VDI or depth will be more accurate? Stupid question but that's me. I'm sold on the 7" CC and I plan to get one when I can. I'm ready to go MONO!

Newbie here, when you say 7" CC is better on bottle caps, what does that mean. Are you saying that the VDI or depth will be more accurate? Stupid question but that's me. I'm sold on the 7" CC and I plan to get one when I can. I'm ready to go MONO!
MONO? Not going to have a 'Mono' coil for the Impact, Kruzer, Anfibio, Simplex + or any other TR detector. You can for a BFO or Pulse device.

Monte

Still learning, I understand the mono coil is a modified version of the CC only with both transmit and receive on the same coil.

Still learning, I understand the mono coil is a modified version of the CC only with both transmit and receive on the same coil.

A Mono coil is just that mono or one, such as used on a BFO or PI detector. Models such as the FORS series, Racer series, Impact, Kruzer, Anfibio and Simplex + are TR or transmit / receive designs that require two wire windings within the search coil. One the transmit winding and the other the receive winding. They can be laid out in various ways with the most popular being Concentric or Double-D.

I have heard and read people who mistake a round shaped search coil as being called a Mono oh, that that's an error. Mono Mono coils have 1 winding.

Monte