Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

7 months in after a few year hiatus...

gunwolf

I am a dirtfisher/coinshooter.........as many know back in 2016 my E-trac was stolen...I lost interest and just got bit by the bug back in February so I bought a Nox 800 and after a few weeks sold it and went back to the E-trac. I have hit mostly pounded out parks or empty lots where houses once stood. I am currently 3 silver coins away from 60 FTY and 35 wheats away from 200 FTY. add to that the 10 silver rings, and 5 other sterling pins and whatnots... I have cashed in my Clad twice for around $360 total, and currently am working on filling my next jar! I have dug probably about 3 5 gal buckets of trash if not more, but most of my trash is copper, brass, aluminum... all the things you find when looking for conductive coins.
I do alot of research and over the years have developed my own style of grid searching certain areas. my style might look or be cumbersome to others, but back and forth seems to be my jam! I am constantly changing coils and settings based on where I am hunting and if I have been there before.
anyone just getting started... it's frustrating at first, but then when the light goes on you will "get it" and become better at what you do. don't let it become a competition, let it become a challenge to yourself to improve in some way every time you put the coil to the soil.

…. just got bit by the bug back in February…
So many have been bitten by that damn bug but has anyone ever seen what he looks like ? 😂😂

Gunwolf, very eloquent wording. I talk to many friends who hear about what I get and seem apprehensive to try (electronics, geography, cost, digging trash, etc) but get excited if they just put the second set of headphones on and I take them for a waltz. Really folks, buy a Y adapter for your machine and get a second pair of inexpensive headphones and let someone waltz with you for 30 minutes, can be more fun than finding stuff!!! Besides if he/she is cute they have to stay pretty close to you 😉

Gunwolf, very eloquent wording. I talk to many friends who hear about what I get and seem apprehensive to try (electronics, geography, cost, digging trash, etc) but get excited if they just put the second set of headphones on and I take them for a waltz. Really folks, buy a Y adapter for your machine and get a second pair of inexpensive headphones and let someone waltz with you for 30 minutes, can be more fun than finding stuff!!! Besides if he/she is cute they have to stay pretty close to you 😉
I'm working with Matt from Tennessee adventures on a future video using both the NOX 800 and the E-trac explaining different tones, signals, and techniques. how a great signal ( not broken or intermittent) one way disappears at 90 degrees, yet you get on it and wiggle out to pinpoint and dig a coin! I would love to have someone share my Y cable with some headphones on a hunt... sometimes tones are so hard to explain, better to be heard!

Never gotten agitated, tired yes, sweaty yes, mad at Jeff just after he says he found a coin in the plug I put back oh hell yes!! Lol. Im having more fun doing this in retirement than I did when I worked mostly because its my time called.

I am a dirtfisher/coinshooter.........as many know back in 2016 my E-trac was stolen...I lost interest and just got bit by the bug back in February so I bought a Nox 800 and after a few weeks sold it and went back to the E-trac. I have hit mostly pounded out parks or empty lots where houses once stood. I am currently 3 silver coins away from 60 FTY and 35 wheats away from 200 FTY. add to that the 10 silver rings, and 5 other sterling pins and whatnots... I have cashed in my Clad twice for around $360 total, and currently am working on filling my next jar! I have dug probably about 3 5 gal buckets of trash if not more, but most of my trash is copper, brass, aluminum... all the things you find when looking for conductive coins.
I do alot of research and over the years have developed my own style of grid searching certain areas. my style might look or be cumbersome to others, but back and forth seems to be my jam! I am constantly changing coils and settings based on where I am hunting and if I have been there before.
anyone just getting started... it's frustrating at first, but then when the light goes on you will "get it" and become better at what you do. don't let it become a competition, let it become a challenge to yourself to improve in some way every time you put the coil to the soil.
Very well said Wolf. “Become better at what you do”. This is the ONLY thing that will save you when your current skills have stripped a place clean. It just extends the amount of time that you can hunt a place, which is invaluable. Excellent advice all around to use everything you have in your quest!