Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

7" Widescan

Excellent coil for the outlaw and silver Umax, haven't got to try it yet on the Deleon but it should work good there too. In some of my testing for target masking and separation this coil shines. I think it is worthwhile getting, the size is great and it is just heavy enough to get a good swing speed so as not to go to fast.

I do have one for my Silver Sabre and also the 8'' polo,dont use the 7'' coil as not only is it heavier than the polo coil it does not cover as much ground either,of course its personal choice but it certainly is heavier.

I have the 7inch widescan on my golden uMax. Excellent target separation, no loss of depth compared to the concentric coil, and I think that the signals are clearer as well. My soil is pretty mineralized. I took it off for a little while just for comparison with the concentric and put it back on almost immediately. I would recommend it.

in the mineralized gravel the 8 round would not get a 5" buried dime but the 7" widscan got it really good so its going to get you better depth in the hotter ground

CO_T\Huntr said:
Anybody tried a 7" Widescan,
Yes, several times over the years on a wide range of Tesoro models in a variety of hunting applications and site conditions.

CO_T\Huntr said:
I'm considering buying one and it's the smallest available...
Why? For which model(s)? In what type of ground conditions? For what types of applications? Why not a better, smaller coil, even if used, such as a 7" Concentric or 5

I consider Monte's response pretty well right on. I've used both the concentric and DD 7" and generally prefer the concentric although I keep the DD in my arsenal in case I find I can make good use of it in some locations.
BB

I just cannot agree with some of these posts... Based on my experience, as limited as it is. When I put the 7 inch widescan on my golden uMax performs much better, the ground balance did change from the concentric, but the adjustment is easy and I was able to set the machine with just a slight negative ground balance, very slightly negative. Then I did some tests in my back yard. With the 9 x 8 concentric, I could barely get a silver dime at 4 inches, freshly buried. With the 7 inch widescan, the golden uMax is hitting that buried silver dime at 5 inches clear and with the high tone in all directions. I can lift the coil another 2 inches and detect the dime but the tone drops down, but it is still clear and solid with an occasional high tone getting in. The silver quarter sounds off clear as a bell, with the high tone in all directions at almost 8 inches. It just was not doing that with the concentric.

With the goldenuMax, even though it does not have adjustable GB, you can at least remove the face plate and adjust the GB pot inside, I don't know how easy it is to do with the other factory set GB machines. I am really enjoying the golden uMax with the widescan coil and am now wondering how the new 12 x 10 widescan will do on the golden.

I intentionally left off my machine and purpose to get some general feedback..
and it is great feedback from all of you guys, Thanks
I have a Silver uMax with the stock and a 10x12 widescan and we have very
mineralized soil here in Colorado, I did that nails above the coin test and my
Silver wouldn't hit, I'm borrowing a Vaq and the stock coil excelled where the
5.75 concentric failed with the Vaq, much to my surprise. So I was considering a widescan for
my Silver and the smallest is the 7"
I'm thinking the coil profile has a something to do with the target separate that the
Vaq's 9x8 Concetric demonstrated on the test...
Trashy as the areas I frequent tend to be, gaining better separation could yield great dividends