Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

70 and the 705

dougmanning

i have been working with the 70 for a while now, i really like this detector. it will keep up with the big boys. i find sliver in hard work areas . find relics in fields ; this detector is light, fast, great id, and deep ! i am going to get a 705 to , but i will keep my 70 also . want to thank ; digger for his book ! old long hair, for his help ; mark for his help also, and all the other fourm members that keeps this fourm interesting ;

I have a 705 now but a good while back, I had a 70 and it was awesome. I had to sell it for school money and regretted that move every day thereafter . This past summer I started looking at the classifieds on the MD forums for X-terra 70/705s but they were out of my price range. I bought a Whites DFX (cheap) locally off of craigslist and it performed well but it wasn't an X-terra. The DFX was in like new condition and I was fortunate enough to sell it for a very good price that helped bankroll my current 705. I am so happy to be swinging an X-terra again. I have used just about every other brand of MD out there and the Minelab X-terra series beats them all. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the 70. It only gets better:biggrin:

:confused: I see you have the X-terra 70 and accessories for sale on the Treasure Depot forum. What suddenly changed your mind?

Oh, He will be back!! I learned real quick that the others just can't get what the X-Terra 70 will!!!!!...............Mark

Oh I know, trust me. I had to sell my 70 for school money and it almost killed me. That was the best machine I had used to that point in my 10+ years of MD'ing. My 705 saved my life!:lol:

I bought a 705 to compliment my Safari. I have used only the Safari up until now, when it went in for a repair. When I get a minute, I am going to unpack the 705. I have been watching several YouTube videos on the 705. I had stuck with the Safari, because it was more of a turn on and go machine, in my way of thinking, and the 705 took a bit more intelligence to operate.

Your praise of the machine has made me want to get closer with my 705. thanks.

You'll find that the Safari and Xterra compliment each other very well. Each has their strong suits based on their respective technology differences, but the Xterra has flexibility because of it's user selectable features. Don't be intimidated by them. There are enough Auto options that it really doesn't need to be a hard machine to learn.

The 705 is not hard to learn at all.(Try setting up a Whites DFX:surrender:) I still use the auto feature and do quite well with it. I hunt in "99" tones and love to hear it talk to me. It is like music to my ears.

Just got a call from the Minelab repair in Arizona. My Safari needs a new key pad. That and the labor will run just over $200.

So, until it arrives, I am getting serious with my 705. Thanks, LongHair, and ramairnut for your encouraging words that the 705 is not that hard to learn and using it's auto features, is a good beginning way to get on it.

MoSafari said:
Just got a call from the Minelab repair in Arizona. My Safari needs a new key pad. That and the labor will run just over $200.

So, until it arrives, I am getting serious with my 705. Thanks, LongHair, and ramairnut for your encouraging words that the 705 is not that hard to learn and using it's auto features, is a good beginning way to get on it.

Don't fear the 705. The 705's "auto pilot" is awesome. I use the auto noise cancel and ground balance all the time. The only thing I do is adjust the sensitivity for the location I am hunting and keep one hand on my digger. If the 705 says there is a target in the ground, then there is; you just may have to dig a little deeper :detecting:

Old Longhair and ramairmut,

Thank you for the enlightingening and encouraging words about the 705. I had done some research before I bought it and thought that it might complement the Safari, as you stated, Old Longhair.

ramairmut, it is good to know that the "auto pilot" is awesome. Thank you for giving me your use of auto noice cancel and ground balance, I will certainly give that a try.

I have always wanted to break it out and use it, but for the last two years, I have been so busy that I have only been out once each of the last two years and just took the Safari for it's relative simplicity of use.

I really like the idea of multiple coils. I have gotten just about everyone that was made for the Xterra, or, at least those that most considere relevant, or, similar to another.

Feel that I am running out of time, each year seems to go faster than the one that preceded it. Where I'm going, I'm pretty sure that they don't allow metal detecting, as it would be too enjoyable, and joy isn't allowed. :)