Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

705 in the rain?

I would suggest that you use an environmental cover on the control box. I have one on mine and I've used it during many down pours with no adverse affects.

I probably hunt as much in rain (drizzles) as anybody because of having to work when its nice out and even with an environmental cover over the XT-70's control box, I still put a 2 qt. zip lock baggy over that by making a hole for the cable and then using clear Scotch tape to help seal it around the handle and hopefully keep out all moisture. With that setup I've never had a problem. You just need a dry towel to wipe off the baggy once in awhile, so as to read your TID numbers. With the Safari I've permanently installed a gallon size zip lock freezer bag over its control box, its better to be safe than sorry.

I do the same - put a large zip lock sandwich baggie over the control box on my -70. Don't want to take a chance getting it wet. :thumbup:

HH,
Cors

Ok, sounds good. But I hunt with headphones. The jack is certainly placed in a bad spot. I cant put a bag over it. I do have the enviromental cover.

Hey man I have had mine in the rain with the cover off and never had a problem. We need to go hunting this week.

Chris

Goldmanjace: Once you have made the hole the hole for the cable jack, put the baggy back on the control box and with the cable connector jack sticking out thru its hole, mark the spot where the earphones will be plugging in and take the baggy back off and use your earphone jack to punch a hole in the correct spot on the baggy and you should be good to go. Will admit all this is too much bother for most people and one reason I've permanently mounted a freezer bag on the Safari where there are no jacks of any sort on its control box.