Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

705 is a BEAST! Check out my first weekend finds!

Minehead

3 shiny rings...1 I gave to my niece. This metal detector is fcng awesome! I'm thinking about getting a 15" DD 7.5. I've been running the 10 × 5 18.75 and I love it. I'm selling my 9" concentric...i simply love the DDs. I hit the best ring at 28. Others were 30 plus quarters 42 or so. One question: why run all metal most all I dug under 26 is always trash? I dug every repeatable signal while I got used to this BEAST! Is a 15" 7.5 a good choice or should I look at 3 khz?!

I’d be keeping the 9” , you already got it and it is a really good all around coil.

Keep the 9' coil!
the coiltek 15' is heavy, be carefull! Other than that it is a great coil, i have it but i don't use it every day and if i use it , i have a bungee to help me with the weight of the coil

I've had the Xterra since 2013, it was the first detector I ever bought and it has been my main detector since then. I've tried others and kept others, but the 705 still gets the job done. The 10.5 MF 7.5khz DD coil rarely leaves my detector and has the best response on targets in general, in my opinion. The 3Khz really struggles with nickels and lower conductors, as does the MF, but it'll find em better than LF 3Khz. Also, the 6in HF 18.75 coil is a must have for jewelry hunting in parks. It's smaller than your 10x5, but it's light and plenty deep. I never needed a coil larger then the 10.5 MF. And keep the 9in. Concentrics are very different than DDs and are deeper coils in general than DDs in low to mildly mineralized soil. You'll regret selling it down the road once you realize you actually need it and have to spend more money on one.

Also, I always run in all-metal. Rarely do I ever run in Disc mode. Only when the trash is too abundant do i add some disc. Something I also like to do is run it in prospecting mode, then once you get a target, click over to all metal to quickly get an idea if it's an iron signal then click back over to prospecting mode. That's my primary search method when I'm relic hunting.