Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

705 or 505 That is the question ???

Hello All: I'm new to this and MD'ing in general. Like most people I did a little when younger as we all did with the old Radio Shack detectors. A couple Weeks ago I bought a New 505, I was looking for a dual detector, both for coin shooting and maybe prospecting. And got little help from the salesman, not his fault he was covering for the one on vacation.(everyone needs a vacation) So I got talked into the 505, I called and talked to the real salesman and was told I can return the 505 for an upgrade to the 705 for more $$$. My QUESTION is should I upgrade or keep the 505 ??? I understand the 705 is almost the same machine, as the 505. But the 705 has the prospecting mode on it. Or would I be better off keeping the 505 for the coin shooting and maybe buy something like the GOLD BUG just for prospecting. One detector or two, I can wait on the prospecting detector till next year going to Alaska in the summer. So if any of you can shed some light on my query...

1. Should I upgrade is the 705 a better machine for the $$$ ???

2. Or should I keep my $$$ and get a prospecting detector ???

Thanks in Advance Jack

Since you say maybe prospecting, I'd trade up from the 505 to the 705. The 705 will do some of everything. Very versatile and great machine. Now if you're going to get hard and heavy on gold prospecting, maybe then you should get a gold machine.

Oh boy. Tough call. Basically the 305 & 505 are great coin, relic, & jewelry detectors. The 505 has the added benefit of being able to handle the 3kh coils, thus going deep for stashes. If these are your loves, stay where you are. On the other hand, if you are truly going to do some occasional prospecting, move up to the 705. If gold becomes your thing, you will want a dedicated gold machine.

Only you really know what you will be doing.

HH,

Dave