Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

705 shutting off

john67

just got a 705 about a week ago and used it a few times and it worked fine. today for some reason it will run for about 30 seconds and shut down. any ideas?- the batteries are still showing a full charge.

I believe there were some issues with the first generation of these detectors if I remember correctly.
I also believe my X-Terra 50 did this a few times also when I first got it.
I eventually stopped and haven't had any issues since.
I believe some folks used some sort of hook device to stretch the spring terminals and this seemed to resolve the problem.
You might want to give this a try, but be careful not to pull too much on the spring.

I have two do that. Both were the battery spring. I took a pair of pliers and gently stretched them and both worked fine after.

Very common issue. If the batteries aren't draining then it's a contact problem, and generally a light spring stretch will take care of it.
Be gentle. You can always stretch it a little more if needed, but be cautious to be safe.