Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

705 with 9" 3khz coil...............

ky digger

I am considering placing the 9" 3khz coil on the 705 specifically to gain extra depth on deep silver. I haven't seen any posts to this effect so has anyone tried this in parks, yards, in Ky, TN, VA soils? I currently use an Etrac but I suspect that if I isolate the 3khz frequency on the 705 it will pick up a little depth with a slow sweep. Am I wrong?

Ask goes Goes4ever on Etrac forum. He used to have that set up he only used the3khz and now he uses a Etrac. He always did well with it.

I made a post over a year ago, where I did tests in my coin garden, not sure if your willing to weed thru post or not but it is there. In short I'm convinced the 3khz hits HARDER of copper and silver coins. Any deeper? maybe an inch.........But it just seems to pick them out much better and signals seem to really sing over the 7.5khz coil. IMHO it is a GREAT coil if your primarily a coin hunter. Downside is once I started using it, my old nickel finds went down, but I was willing to trade that off for silver. I dug 110 silver last season and 90% were with the 3khz coil

Outstanding, just what I was hoping. I use the Etrac to work an area pretty clean. Now I plan to go back with the Xterra and sweep the clean area with the 3khz and then hit it again for targets close to iron with the 18khz. Some of the sites i hunt go back to the 1700's and are worth the effort. Based upon your history with the Xterra this should perform exactly as I had hoped. Thank you so much for the info............

good hunting................

if you want to PLUCK items close to iron you need to use your etrac in two tone ferrous, you would be amazed what you will find will iron beside it, and even with iron right ON it.........If u are not familiar with two tone ferrous set up on the etrac I wrote an article that was in last months issue of Ohio metal detecting magazine. It goes into great detail on how to set it up and save it. Even has step by step pictures

The 3 kHz is a great coil. But as with all concentrics, it isn't going to perform as well as a DD coil in the highly mineralized soil found in your part of the Country, regardless of frequency. HH Randy

Even though I am a Kentucky boy I ordered two back issues of the Ohio magazine. Looking forward to reading your article. Thanks...................

Our ground isn't very mineralized . In the parts of ky I hunt in ground balance is low fiftys.

I mentioned the the DD coil because kydigger had told me in a PM that his soil is highly mineralized. If the sites you hunt gb in the 50's, the 3 kHz would be killer! HH Randy