Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

7th Hunt Old Fair Grounds

daddyflea

Hit the old Fair Grounds again today. This time I was using my V3i with the SEF 15X12 Coil.

This coil is heavy but it does what I wanted it to do. It covers a lot of ground. For all you wanting to know I got about 10" of depth on coins. To make this thing behave I had to reduce Sensativity to about 5 on RX and 80 on Disc. I used a 10 Band pass filter on the V3i and I set the Coil setting to the Super 12. Depth estimation on coins seemed to be real close. It picks up crushed cans deeper than you want to dig. I can not get closer than about 4" to the ground in the place I hunted today and detected crushed screw Caps at 6" in the ground for a total of 10". I dug these two coins. This coil is truely a V rated coil. I could turn the RX to 15 in the air. While hunting I also turned on the Boost with the RX at 5 without problems.

1929 Wheat
1938 Mercury

Both were right at 4" in the ground for a total of 8". ID was right on and Pinpointing was better than expected. ID in three Frequency was flawless.

Nice finds. if it's any thing like my old fair ground there is a ton of iron, cans , can slaw, ghost signals and the occasional silver, wheat, indian head. of course usually find just one oldie a hunt. wish i could have detected mine 10-15 years ago. CB

CBAILEY IN GA said:
Nice finds. if it's any thing like my old fair ground there is a ton of iron, cans , can slaw, ghost signals and the occasional silver, wheat, indian head. of course usually find just one oldie a hunt. wish i could have detected mine 10-15 years ago. CB

Yep you are right but figuring out what the Dozer has altered is the trick.