Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8.5" widescan for Deleon?

KennyD

Thinking of getting a 8.5" wide scan DD for my Deleon. Anyone here used one before? How do you like it?

Kenny,

My single greatest hesitation about widescan coils is that they do not respond like concentric coils to bottlecaps.

Widescan coils make bottlecaps sound like good targets. You have to play with teh coil to figure out if its a bottlecap or not and I was never able to do it.

Just a "heads up".

Have not used Tesoro 8.5" Wide Scan DD coil but I do use the 7" Wide Scan DD Tesoro Coil on my Outlaw and it is an awesome coil. I like it the best out of all my coils for the Outlaw as it is very stable it discriminates spot on it pin points dead center and because of the blade like way it cuts through the ground it does really well in trashy areas. Concentric coils have more of a funnel pattern to them. Some like concentric coils better and some prefer the DD or Wide Scan coils, I prefer the latter myself. I have tested my 7" Wide Scan DD against my standard 8" Concentric coil and found no real noticeable difference in depth between them. With that said my ground is higher in mineralization thus this may make them closer in depth as DD Wide Scan coils generally perform better in higher mineralized ground.

The only thing you can do is give it a try you may like it. There are going to be folks on both sides of the camp when it comes to Wide Scan DD coils and Standard Concentric coils, they both have there place for sure.

Happy Hunting, :detecting:
Bill G

i used it and its heavy and only a hair deeper.

KennyD said:
I went with the 7" wide scan. Figured it will do better in trashy areas in the parks.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Good choice.

Happy Hunting, :detecting:
Bill G