Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8" deep small coin - Video - Earthmansurfer is back :clapping:

earthmansurfer

Hey guys, man, Almost 3 years to the day since my last detecting video. I've been out 3 times now with the Equinox 800.
This little coin was 1.1 grams on my scale, vs 2.2 for a dime. And she was a bit on edge (perhaps that is why the numbers were iffy.) My deepest keeper with the machine so far. Rained a bit yesterday and that helped get more depth imo.
I'm still getting used to the pinpoint, so disregard, mostly, my comments in the video, regarding target size.

I ran her most of the day at 23 Gain, 4 Recovery speed, Mostly wide open with only iron discd out, Ground Tracking, Iron Bias 0 or 1, Park 2 and a bit of Park 1, and 50 tones.
I think the ground here is around 22-26, if memory serves correct from my preceding hunt.

Only have like 9 hours of use but I'd like to make some comments none the less:
Compared to my CTX and E-Trac, she separates a bit better and I seem to get a better feel for what is in the ground. (I remember when I first ran a Deus how I was digging so much small stuff - not my cup of tea being a coin hunter but the Nox is ok here, not overly sensitive.)
I do seem to be digging smaller deeper targets with a bit more regularity. She is really a different beast. I'm digging a few bottle caps again. :crylol:

Tones are nice, but I do miss what I would call the separation from the mid tones to the higher tones and the higher tones are lacking thus far, but I'm adjusting. Wonder if there is a setting to get the higher range to sing? I notice I'm digging more 2 way hits that are good. Really early on, but it jumps out at me. The CTX did that on occasion for me, but I really notice it here. She is a bit more refined and sensitive perhaps. I've dug a few square nails but even with Iron Bias at 0 or 1, they were iffy.
I don't like the compressed numbering system. I do like the lightness and balance - FINALLY!
I'd love to see a refined light E-Trac that is hotter on higher conductors, but no major complaints with the Equinox. I would like to see how she does on deep silver...
Hmmm, what else?

[video]https://youtu.be/48onEOu-zTY[/video]

I cant wait to watch your vid. You always make great, informative videos. I watched everything you did with the CTX. Glad you are back!

Nice recovery, well earned picking that signal out, Nice to finally see a video showing turning on a target with the Nox giving more info.