Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8 Inch Concentric on the Vaquero

KVM2

I purchased the 8 inch concentric for my Vaquero. Took it to a small yard to find the marker pins.. Yard size about ten feet by twenty five. I found a Roosevelt dime, 1962, and a plated silver heart.. Ground balancing seems to be more subtle when compared to the stock 9 by 8.. Kind of hard to explain since I've had the coil three days, and less than an hour fooling around...Over the next several days I will be comparing the 8 incher to the stock coil. A trip back to my crazy yard, and possibly another trash laden yard before I hit the 4 1830's sites I have. One of the reasons I wanted this coil is a water site I would like to check. The concentric coil should slide through the water with much less resistance than the stock Spider type coil.. It has been a while since I've gotten out, and even forgetting my knee pads, it was great to go swinging...If you have any advice, or comments, about using the 8 inch coil, am all ears. And, thanks to Tabman, for the comments, and Bewhole for holding. Am up to three silver coins so far this year.

I'm a big fan of the 8 inch doughnut coil. It has really good depth and laser like separation. I don't feel like it's too big to work small trashy areas or too small to work large open fields. It's light weight without the coil cover makes it a breeze to swing. It's the coil that Goldielocks would pick.:thumbup:

I have the short coil cable on mine.

tabman

What Tabman said +1. I have only used the 8" concentric and have found the target separation to be unbelievably good.

My Stingray has the weighted 8" and the Cutlass as well ( normal version) and I have no complaints, in fact the Cutlass umax found me a 50' D Franklin half tonight at an easy 8" ( may have been closer to 9") . So nope, no complaints here :D

Lakota