Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8" vs 11" coil

Irvin D Burke

Was reading the text about new 8" that was dated back in April has there been any testing between the 8" and 11" yet . I love a 8" coil for relic hunting you can get in and around trees,underbrush so much better.

[size=large]Irvin, The 8" coil does exceptionally well when it is compared to the 11" coil. It loses only about 1" or so on depth.
Here is a link and even though it is in another language, the gentleman makes his point well. At the beginning you
will see the chart that does the comparison. It is in centimeters but each cm is approximately 4/10 of an inch.
Thanks Richard
[/size]

Richard how in the world do you do all you do? Thank you for the info on 8". Most of what I've found in this area is not that deep so 1" or so won't hurt me. You said there was a link about 8" coil where do you go to see it?

Hi,

Maybe the most detailed comparasion between 11"Pitbull and 8"round was made from Eddy Rondags in Belgium. He was the first who tested the 8"coil and the table in the movie above was made from him too. Maybe about two weeks ago in a conversation between us both he made very good "dissection" so to say of this 8" coil.
With his permission this conversation was published on our Facebok page, so copy/past here for you:

"You saw Toms silver 0,9 mm coin?
It's as flat as paper.
I compared both coils a lot but the 8" is superior to get the tiny things.
Frequently 1mm pieces all the time.
It's an ideal tool for those nasty little coins.
The pitbull does it too but sometimes coal, iron pieces blocking lot of tiny signal.
8" also get's pretty deep at larger stuff.
I use himin silence mode: with gb at 12 and boost on: (very less discr)
I can't stop digging holes with it
Often things are about 5-10 cm from eachother
tonns of trash
but also several medieval tiny buttons
Yes but i could eliminate alumnium easy
All foil can be erased
but than i loose the thin silver coins also?
no it can be done: discrimination 14... 14,5 O Clock
but it has a price
at roman villa this is good: it still takes bronze
trough
but not at medieval artifacs
i was curious about other users of this coil
i can't believe they are not dazzeld of it..."

The coin about what Eddy speak:

[attachment 337750 tom1.jpg]

[attachment 337751 tom2.jpg]