Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8 X 6 Butterfly coil

Knipper

I've noticed that the cable on 8 X 6 Butterfly coil is pretty thick, and is hard to stuff in the shafts. Anyone else notice this? How do you put the cable through the shaft? I currently pull it through with a string tied to the connector, but it's difficult to adjust the length of the shaft because of friction.
Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry, don't know what you mean....
With a X1 probe coil is on outside.. plus it is a pinpointer that can Discriminate.. nice when digging deep silver.. to tell if nail or not.. the Profind 35 Pinpointer .. has to be almost touch ing to Discriminate... you get all the tones the machine has with Sunray X1 pinpointer

X1 probe is a wonderful pinpointer...now take your pinpoint holster that you have and attach it to your shaft where the x1 probe would mount....now swing it around and see if you like it on or off...
Do it that way for a couple of hours, maybe all day, and see if it wears on your body at all...if not....It would be a fantastic tool to have.....my etrac is modified as in make your etrac lighter utube video...a shout out to a findmall friend for mentioning that to me....and I can't see adding that extra weight back on. Even a few ounces takes a toll after a days hunt.
Hey, if you can't swing it....it won't find coins....The x1, I love it.... Just that I don't use it.

I've noticed that the cable on 8 X 6 Butterfly coil is pretty thick, and is hard to stuff in the shafts. Anyone else notice this? How do you put the cable through the shaft? I currently pull it through with a string tied to the connector, but it's difficult to adjust the length of the shaft because of friction.
Thanks
If you haven't fixed the stretched coil wire ...I have used a drive way reflector....the white rod that it attaches to should work ok for your project.
Good Luck...
ELMY

I immediately liked the 8x6 Detech, I dedicated a lower rod just for it. Be careful with stretching on purpose. I lost a connector at the bulkhead due to intermittency after a stretch in my general coil swaps. jm2c

I immediately liked the 8x6 Detech, I dedicated a lower rod just for it. Be careful with stretching on purpose. I lost a connector at the bulkhead due to intermittency after a stretch in my general coil swaps. jm2c
we are tightening the coils around the reflector rod with a heat gun ...actually shrinking them to fit inside the rods....I have done a few ...came out great

I just use a string to pull the cable thru use a extra lower rod with it so I'm not changing it a lot.

I just use a string to pull the cable thru use a extra lower rod with it so I'm not changing it a lot.
It just fixes the adjustable part of making the length of the etrac lower rod shorter and being able to push the coiled part thru the rods without a string with no difficulty at all.
The string thing is ok....if you can make the etrac short enough to fit into the car or truck with no problem. When a coiled cable is pulled ,like with a string, it stretches the coils apart making the cable length too long.
This is just one way to fix it.

Here is a battery pack I use on my etrac to reduce weight...The cord is from an old phone charger I no longer needed. It was about 10 foot or more long.
Now it is coiled and will stretch out when I need to put the detector on the ground to dig....It makes the chord shorter . Made with a reflector rod for the diameter of the coils.
Keeps the wire out of my way !

20200809_142731_Burst04.jpg

With a X1 probe coil is on outside.. plus it is a pinpointer that can Discriminate.. nice when digging deep silver.. to tell if nail or not.. the Profind 35 Pinpointer .. has to be almost touch ing to Discriminate... you get all the tones the machine has with Sunray X1 pinpointer
Ok, but Sunray isn't making these anymore!

I just got this coil a few weeks ago. It came with thinner rubber washers which had to be used instead of the stock ones.

I just got this coil a few weeks ago. It came with thinner rubber washers which had to be used instead of the stock ones.
JKline are you saying that the standard lower shaft & washers will not fit these older coils?
I'm about to buy FBS 8" coil I was wonder if I would have that problem with the older coils when I use the standard E-Trac lower shaft & washers?

All I know is that the stock washers were too thick... I got it on but it was tight. Going to the washers that were supplied with the 8x6 made the fit just right.