Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8"X6" S.E.F. COIL DEPTH

reltolbert

I'm very impressed with my 8"x6" SEF Coil depth which I air tested after I
received it via UPS today using my Safari.

The Coil at #20 sensitivity: Penny = 11.5", Nickel = 11.5", Dime = 11", Quarter = 12", Half Dollar = 12.5"
One Dollar Coin = 12.5"
This is within 1"-2" of the 11"DD Coil depth.
Now, if it would stop raining here in North Idaho, I could field test it and find some treasures.

Still raining here in CC Republic of Illinois,I have found coins to 8 inches came in good but have dug junk to over a foot.Found Dutch Boy lead paint bar at about a foot sold for 10 bucks.I have been using 6X8 90 percent of time I think I might be losing about 2 inches over Pro Coil but Pro Coil was missing coins also due to its size so I have been hunting with 6X8 for faster recovery and great depth and following up with Pro Coil if time permits.6X8 coil you have to run a little higher on sensitivity to get best depth Safari and 6X8 is real coin magnet.I think 6X8 is better on gold also.

Prep1957,

The 6x8 does seem to be more sensitive to gold rings and jewelry when I tested it on my wife's
jewelry. One air test on the Gold ring rang up 13" deep using 20 sensitivity. It separates better than the 11"DD Coil
and seems to avoid iron.
It seems more stable at the higher sensitivity.
Time will tell when I go out into the field or beach and try it out.
It has much better depth than my 4.5x7 DD Coil.

Farmer,

The Gold ring's ID# is 21. It's the same number with the 11" DD Pro Coil. Gold rings can ID at
7 to 21 depending on size and 'KT' value.
A 6 grain gold nugget ID's at 9.
I tested my new 6"x8" in the field today between rain showers and it's a winner. Great depth, separation,
seems to avoid iron well, better target ID and better pinpointing.
I found more coins today with the 6x8" than I did with the 11" coil at a playground with lots of
metal structures because I was able to get closer to the metal pipes, etc.

Thanks for the info reltobert. If I don't sell my safari sounds like when money allows I need to order one of those coils.