Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8)your experience with EMI on AT Pro?

vanner

there have been times I have been detecting and have passed directly under power-lines, waiting for all hell to break loose with the detector.... and.. no interference, just business as usual. What are your experiences with EMI, or lack of it.?

I've been a couple hundred feet from power lines and had to dial back on the sensitivity because of it.

Yes Vanner, I also have no problem with power pylons here in the U K but in and around my house the A T Pro is

very erratic and the main culprit is my underground fibre optic cable which is my broadband connection to my

computer and Virgin television, the only other problem I have encounted is near to a railway line that runs along

one of my detecting sites on the edge of a wood , most of the trains are Diesel / Electric I am only able to detect

within fifty metres of the railway and then the A T Pro becomes very erratic once again.

Having said that, I believe the A T Pro is an excellent detector and has worked flawlessly for me in the ten months

I have owned it. I like it that much I went out and bought another one.

Sometimes you can change the frequency slightly to allievate a problem. Power lines often cause no problem and other times they can be a terrible experience. Try the sensitivity decrease first...

Ray

I am curious if those reporting interference from EMI are in places with 50 cycle or 60 cycle and have they been able to overcome the problem my changing frequency on the AT PRO.

Thanks,
John Morton

There are a few sports complexes around here that have lots of EMI to the point where I have to back off on sensitivity quite a bit.
One the other hand the At Pro is a very sensitive detector and I would be concerned if it was not picking up some chatter in these areas.
Most places are no problem at all.

Jerry

I have run across 3 places where EMI was unmitigatable. Hospital, Church and a county park. The only thing to do was keep out of its range.

Being able to eliminate or minimize interference from EMI depends upon how much energy is present. I have one overhead line in my yard that is terrible but there is one down at the park the the AT barely notices.

Ray

But one local yard gave the Pro fits. Could not GB and had constant chatter. No problem at all in my yard not far away.
Turns out they had an underground electric dog fence. Homeowner unplugged it while I detected and no problem.

I hunted an old farm house with the AT Pro, it has the 220v house line running across the yard. We tried hunting this 10 years ago and gave up because of noise. We were using mid range machines that were current models at the time. I was able use my AT Pro without any interference from the power line. I found some clad, buttons, and trash, but no problems whatsoever with the machine.