Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

800 - First time out

ML

Got my 800 last week and decided to take it to a spot I have been hunting (with others) for almost 25 years with literally dozens of different detectors. It was an older swim club that is now overgrown in a low lying area along a creek bed. The soil is very wet and most of the copper coins found are totally corroded. Lots of silver has been found, the majority of it found by others before I was even made aware of the site. I still hunt this site maybe once or twice a year, and hit a coin or two at most. I figured this site would be perfect to test the Equinox, even though I was clueless about the unit itself. I ran Park 1 multi, sens about 22, 50 tones, and all metal (horseshoe) because I wanted to hear if iron was masking the good stuff. The site is not large, and I made sure I swung in areas that everyone have been over countless times. Between iron sounds, I dug the repeatable tones and ended up with 13 coins (a few Indians, wheats, Buffalos, and what I believe is a two cent piece) all in about two hours. I honestly could not believe it. After the targets were recovered, almost every dug hole sounded off on iron as well. These targets were indeed masked by junk that no other detector (Whites XLT and MXT, Fisher CZ6A, Sovt GT and CTX, AT Pro, and many others) or detectorist, either thought was a signal worth digging, or maybe didn't get a signal at all. I didn't play with many adjustments at all so who knows what this site will give down the road? Old, rusted bottlecaps were solid signals that came in at 2 to 5 on VDI. I retrieved a few and they disintegrated in my hands so I left more of those signals in the ground. One interesting thing was that I hit a solid target (don't recall VDI #), that I couldn't locate, even as I expanded my hole several times. I looked down and noticed that I had accidently put it in Park 2. When I went back to Park 1, no signal at all. I tried all other preset programs but only Park two gave a signal. My pinpointer couldn't even locate it and I gave up because I figured that it was a small piece of junk stuck in the mud. This type of site allowed the Equinox to shine for myself for sure. How that translates at other sites/conditions will be determined in future hunts.

Hit a few coins at the beach that were mixed with iron; pleasantly surprised coming from Sov Gt/Excal.