Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

83' Silver Sabre

RobM

Think I lucked out,, I picked it up at an estate sale yesterday for $50. looks almost new, no scratches or blems of any kind. Suspect it's spent it's life in a closet. I'm really impressed so far.

I would have said that you picked up a bargain,the original 'coffin box' Silver Sabre's as i call them are still very capable machines,albeit not very deep these days but its the discrimination side of the detector that made them deadly machines on saxon/roman sites over here in the UK in the 80s,one of the most popular machines in the day and usually folks who bought them new wont part with them still due to working 'magic' on trash sites.

>discrimination <
Yes,, I figured that out real quick just piddling with it while I was cleaning it up. I had sold all of my detectors several years ago due to my age and condition of my knees but do believe I will hang on to this one..

Rob in Tulsa

I was really surprised that it was still there when I got there late in the day,,,, the sale had started at 8 in the morning and we walked in about 4 in the afternoon. There was another old detector there that was really rough and they had both marked $49.
Wife and I are both retired and we run the estate sales more or less for entertainment but seldom buy anything. I did find another detector 5 or 6 years ago,,,, a 6000 DI Pro that also looked like it had been stored since new,, paid $40. Sold it last year for $250.
I stared detecting back in the early 60's and had a ball while they were building the BA expressway, found all kinds of stuff around those old houses they tore out. My favorite find was a large brass coin commemorating the St Louis worlds fair..

Rob in Tulsa

I sometimes detect around the old house foundations in the outer perimeter of downtown and have found some very nice stuff but sometimes those are sketchy areas...