Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8500 pics?

Hightone

Omega8500-fullFront.jpg

LARGE-Omega8500FacePlate.jpg

Doesn't look like much effort was put into the change.

Just looks the same is all. After so long you would expect something different.

Dave

Hey man, checking out your avatar, I'm amazed you can't see the sparkly rainbow aura! Maybe you should try the cool Bolla shades my wife just got so she can see the yellow tennis balls better!!

LOL!

Peace.

lol, what makes you think I can't? :rofl:

......if FTP had announced a Zeta 9000, then I would have felt the same. But the "Omega" 8500 is a step above the 8000, with a few more features depicting the 500 difference. FTP named it right. And until it is tested for performance against the 8000, the 8500 is in league with such units like Garretts Ace 250 and 350 and Whites MXT and MXT Pro.

I just see the same detector with added features and things moved around. Now, if it had a whole new layout and design I would call it a new detector. When I traded my Indian Scout for an Indian Chief I made sore there was enough change in the bike to warrant the trade up. Not just a bigger seat, bigger front lamp etc. I wanted a difference in performance as well.

I think that what is on the inside is more important when it comes to metal detectors. If you just change the aesthetics and don't update the software, processors, etc, you are only giving the customer something different to look at. This is great, especially for these guys that don't use their machines much, only keep them clean to trade/sell them 1 month after they buy them, kind of like Harley Davidson owners.:biggrin:

LOL I agree about the HD owners. And with your other comments but it seams to be a trend to change software and call it a new product. I'm a programmer and it makes me mad when I have to make a small change in the code on something and it's called "New" software when in actuality all it is, is a new version of that software.

It's just a choice, as you said. If you want an Omega you can use at night, get the 8500. Like the Deep feature? 8500. Or if you like the FeTone Iron Audio, choose the 8500. FTP is offering more options, and many have expressed they wanted them. FTP merely complied. Nothing wrong with that. For those that don't want or need the newer features, keep the 8000. No ones twisting arms, just offering another choice. I never complain about an additional "choice". ie F75 or F75LTD

with the control layout and display color choice.

Some of the controls have different functions, the inner workings have some significant changes and, once in an avid detectorists hand, they just might have enhanced the in-the-filed performance, kind of like the very different performance of the F19 and G2+ over the Gold Bug Pro and G2.

They could have made it bigger, but I'm glad they didn't. They could have made it boxier, but I'm glad they didn't. They might have changed the rod & grip design from the T2 grip, but I am very glad they didn't. I guess they could have chosen some different display housing color scheme, but that won't make it work any more efficiently, so that doesn't matter to me. It does still look just fine, in my opinion.

Monte

I bought a G2 in 2011 and it was/is a winner....
May, 2015 bought the G2+, and it looks the same! but it's better and that's 'beyond the new features'. Now I can't put my finger on it but it's
been improved, ie maybe a faster processor, updated SW, whatever, it's great and a much 'sharper' tool.
I had no trouble selling my old G2....(and it had already paid for itself several times over in finds, like 'cash in my pocket' finds which is a measure I can relate to).

I'm expecting enough years have gone by that the 8500 will be 'more' than just some new features...more than the 'sum of the parts' so to speak...
and it's good it 'looks the same', because as such the price just may be the same! think positive folks...they're just keeping the price down for us...

now if they'd just release the damn thing...and let the testers come out with some reviews...my G2+ could have a lower freq buddy....

The price drop at Kellyco is a definite indication of making room for the 8500 but that doesn't guarantee that potential buyers will bite. What is the price point on the 8500?

ramairnut said:
The price drop at Kellyco is a definite indication of making room for the 8500 but that doesn't guarantee that potential buyers will bite. What is the price point on the 8500?

$400 is a great price for the 8K with concentric!, the 6000 with 11" dd is $600 (haha) and no G2+ for whatever reason, pretty screwy....

8500 Manual

Pretty nice. Adjustable tone AND volume by segment. The DEEP option is interesting.

Thanks Hightone! Yes, the deep option IS interesting. Hard to tell whether it just means more programmability (which can be a good thing) or if they actually managed to squeeze more depth out of it.

Just an FYI. The latest dealer news letter no longer even mentions the 8500. I'm sure it's coming...eventually but it doesn't seem to be this quarter. So disappointing. :( Dealers now have the promotional clearing out the Omega 8000 pricing you see on Kellyco but don't expect a discount off the new sale price. Almost no margin. It was still cheaper for me to use a $50 off coupon at Kellyco than buy one as a dealer. Wish I had a better update for everyone.

If you just glance at the 8500 it just looks like the 8000, but like Monte pointed out, reading the description of the controls, its WAY different!
It also has some nice display changes.

Mark