Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8KHZ ROCKS !

MINELABBOB

CHECK OUT THEM SM. 22CAL. SHORTS AND BULLETS 32 CAL.

no# 2 silver 4 the deus 10 + in. and a 1918 d penny

all at nice depth

BOB

Great Finds.
Love to see silver in the plug...

You got that right! Hunted a coin program yesterday in 8 khz. and nailed an
old pocket watch, 1926 standing lib. quarter and a mint 1938 1 shilling
New Guinea coin which is Silver and beautifully detailed along with 9
other clad coins and that was just in about 1 1/2 hours but still dug some trash
but pretty much knew these signals were trash.I hate leaving any stone unturned.
Had great weather and a great day after spending 2 weeks in the hospital. This
was my 1rst hunt of 2016 and I got 2 silvers logged and this site is huge and I'm
all alone and I love it. Yes 8 Khz. works good for me with a coin program
that I can THANK Andy for. Super guy and very knowledgeable.Boot Camp
was the key for me and I don't get Brownie points for promoting his Boot Camp.
It just works for me...JMHO C'mon Spring
The Deus is just AWESOME!!!
silverseeker 2

MY SETTINGS
8KHZ. SENS.93 iron vol.3 audio 4 rec 2 sil. 0 TX 2 disc. 3.5

if your going 4 deep targets audio 5 rec 1 sil -1 TX 3 disc same

all modes tested were able to here that 10 in. dime

deus fast with rec at 3 and audio5 did not here. that help me ID that

target was deep./ small i push the depth in deus fast useing audio 5

The audio setting only increases volume level of deeper quieter targets without actually increasing
depth and can actually cause the larger shallow targets to sound bad at times...
Disc up to 10 hasn't seemed to change depth in some of my dry sand tests either...
I use 3 and then I know quieter signals are deeper/smaller without affecting the shallow ones...
Reactive 0 and higher Sensitivity gives the greatest depth potential and I didn't find the silencer
having as much impact as others have reported though it did change the tone quality of certain
targets at times...
the tones will also vary considerably by changing frequencies too and I stay with 8k the majority
of the time because the floating VDI numbers were getting confusing when I had programs with
different freqs...
I always have a sister 4k program for checking the bottle caps and other
masquerading trash targets.

cant always turn up the power in trash/iron , i weed through the trashey spots 85-90 senc. and some times TX1 but this is why i like the DEUS you can set it up as needed.

i do like the speed of 3-4 REC. i find myself useing the fast program allot. for my tired old ears AUDIO 5 , in some cases lets me here them deeper targets better. the lack of

depth in REC. 3-4 gives me a little edge useing AUDIO 5

BOB

Some very good points have surfaced in this thread by all. Thanks everyone for sharing your input. Great finds Bob, thanks for sharing your settings/findings. HH