Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8th trip to my "new" park and I can't believe others gave up on this place.

JimmyCT

For a place that has been "cleaned out" these 6 silvers bring my total out of this park to 33. I am glad everyone gave up as I am having a ball !! lol
Two of the mercs came out of the same hole with a big old rusty nail. The tones were extremely iffy bouncing around and now I know why. The one major sign that told me to dig: the tones didn't bleed out. In other words, when I am over iron, the false low and high tones do not "hold together" they just bleed out and tones fade. On this unknown target, tones were indicating iron and high tone "blips" did not dissipate. This is precisely why I LOVE 50 tones. the variance in tones bouncing off the coins and iron nail made me investigate further. I moved extremely slow today as there was enormous amounts of iron trash and the method to my madness paid off!

Equinox 800 Settings:
Park1 - Multi - freq
GB- 0
F2 iron bias - 0
recovery 4
50 tones
"All-metal"
extremely slow scanning

Attachments

• IMG_3352 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3352 - Copy.JPG
    799.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3353 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3353 - Copy.JPG
    872.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3354 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3354 - Copy.JPG
    858.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3355 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3355 - Copy.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3356 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3356 - Copy.JPG
    1,013 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3361 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_3361 - Copy.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3362 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_3362 - Copy.jpg
    719.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3370 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_3370 - Copy.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3373 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_3373 - Copy.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 135
Well they probably did quit a little bit to early but don't sell yourself short. Your very very good with that equinox 800 especially lots of these tones are crappy! Sitting in and next to iron and hitting those areas from multiple directions just shows your experience detecting!!!! Glad to see your killing it.... Hope you have another great day tomorrow! Why don't you shoot for 10-12 this time :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :detecting: :) Congrats Brother!!!!!

Mike K

Well they probably did quit a little bit to early but don't sell yourself short. Your very very good with that equinox 800 especially lots of these tones are crappy! Sitting in and next to iron and hitting those areas from multiple directions just shows your experience detecting!!!! Glad to see your killing it.... Hope you have another great day tomorrow! Why don't you shoot for 10-12 this time :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :detecting: :) Congrats Brother!!!!!

Mike K
Thanks Mike! I appreciate the kind words. I Would love to find a dozen silvers in one hunt!! I’ll do my best to try and hit the dozen mark.

:ROFLMAO: Thanks Jimmy! I am extremely pleased with the 6 silvers in one hunt. This is a rare occasion for me even to hit this number.
Gee, Bro, I feel your pain not quite hitting the 10-12 silver coin # for a hunt. In my corner of the world, I, non the less, would be quite pleased with a 6 silver coin hunt. Good job! HH jim t

Maybe the coin ferry restocked?lol... the learning doesn’t start until all the easy targets are gone...figuring out how to score one more target out of stingy ground is very rewarding...I find myself thinking a lot about what settings i want to try next time I return to a spot like that... this is the reason I keep hitting certain farm fields year after year .... I find that the equinox responds very well to small adjustments,trick is getting it set up initially and tweaking from there...congrats...

Thank you SL52. It usually isn't like this for me at all. 1-2 usually or none at all. I have about 40 hours logged at this park and do appreciate you leaving them behind for me lol.

I'm up to 5 silver coins for the year which equals well over 100 hours of hunting, I must be the guy leaving all those silver coins?
Seriously, nice hunting on your 6 silver coins in one day.

What's that round token looking thing in your junk pile?
Not sure which item you are referring to, but all of it is junk. Lots of bottle tops, nails and other misc stuff.

Hey SL52, I told you if I sent some fake silvers to you and you went and scattered them he would eventually find them. 😳🙄 LOL. I’ve only found two in one day once, maybe I have 15 total in 10 years. You guys just stop it ok? LOL

You had another phenomenal day Jim!!!
Like Mike stated,, you really know that Equinox to be getting that many silver coins out of a trash filled site and a public site too!!!
I think you need to rest now!!!🤭

Last edited: