Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8x11 coil cover removal.

jld66

Has anyone removed the 8x11 coil cover yet for cleaning? If so, what is the best way to go about it without cracking it? Hopefully it is not a major pain. I did crack my 8x9 one. would not want to do it to this one and have found a youtube vid on it yet. Thanks...

While I haven't actually done mine, I'd suggest heating it up under the sink faucet with warm, then hot water. Should make it plyable and keep it from cracking. ^_^

find something with a good edge but not to hard and go around and lightly tap all around and it will come off like use a light tapper like a tooth brush and tap on your soft chisel maybe a small wood dowel

Peel a little bit of the coil cover back with your fingers and slip a credit card in that slot. Gently slide the credit card around the perimeter of the coil and the cover will pop right off like magic.

I use popscicle sticks. I find a spot where I can get the end of the stick in it and then gently work it around. I sometimes use up to three sticks. If you do crack the cover, it will not hinder the performance. It will be easier to get off the next time.

I use guitar picks. After you get the outside edges loosened a little don't force it off, carefully work around the middle too. When you get the entire cover worked down about a quarter inch it will pull straight off. A lot of soil between the coil and cover makes it tough.

I dont use coil covers as a general rule,never worn a coil out yet in all the years that i have been detecting,the 11x8 coil on my Trident Extreme broke in half when i attempted to take mine off.If i am honest i am slightly disappointed in the overall performance of the coil,its not great at pinpointing i find.