Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

8x6 SEF Excelerator/Detech Coil Nut

Coilfisher

I noticed while changing coils, the nut assembly on the SEF 8x6 coil wire does not completely lock down (meet the coil wire junction on the coil) over the coil as they do in other detector coils.
I have tried twisting it as far as it will go (even with a wrench) and there is still a good-sized gap there.
Is this normal for these type of coils?
This is supposed to be waterproof?

Coilfisher, I noticed that with my 8x6 also. It has an eigth inch gap. My 12x10 has a one-sixteenth inch gap.
I haven't submersed mine in water yet, but if I decided to, I might unscrew the lead, coat the threads with silicone, and screw back on.
May or may not be a design issue.

Thx, AMC.

Yes, I am not going to submerse mine, and will be putting on some silicone just to keep the moisture out.
I owned alot of coils and never saw this.
Also, don't believe there is a warranty on these as none came in my box.
Besides, they are made somewhere over in Europe.
Just wanted to be sure as I would have to send it back for an exchange.

[size=large]if memory serves me correctly i think i was told by kco the company that makes the SEF is Belgian.

HH[/size]

It doesn't specify that the 8x6 sef is waterproof on their website. Maybe you can contact Detech and ask them about the gap and if the coil is waterproof.

http://www.detech-metaldetectors.com/products/coils/54-8-x-6q-sef-search-coil.html

http://www.detech-metaldetectors.com/contacts.html

DETECH Ltd.

Shumen, Bulgaria

found this on the Detech website regarding the SEF coils:

Trying to escape the stereotype of the round coils in 2006 the company releases a new, revolutionary type of coil on the market