Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

9.5 concentric coil

JHM

I'm considering a 9.5 concentric coil for my MXT and was wondering how much lighter it is than the 12 inch coil. Maybe someone who has or has used both can respond. The main thing I'm after is to shed some weight and get a little more separation.

Hi JMH,i've got both coils and i would not use either as a main coil.I use an sef 8x6 coil as my main coil.It's light,deep and seperates well in the trash and is ultra sensitive to small objects.If you want to go with a whites coil i would get the 10x6 eclipse coil which performs like the sef.Both these coils will do better than the 9.5" in mineralised soil also.

From what I've read the 10 by 6 isn't as deep as the 5.3 concentric. I have fairly good ground.

JHM, I just weighed the coils. 12inch =23.4ounces 9.5=17.4ounces 6x9=16.8ounces 5.3=12.4 ounces As you can see there is a 6 ounce differance between the 12 and the 9.5 . My machine came with the 300 mm coil. I bought the 9.5 because i use the long man rods and i thought it would make a differrance down at the coil end and it definately does as far as the amount of time you can swing the coil. i was told there could be about an inch to a inch and half differance between the 12 and the 9.5 I hope this helps. Ezra.

The 6X10 and the 5.3 air test virtually the same for depth on my MXT.
BB

Thanks, that tells me what I need to know. Right now I'm undecided between the 6 by 10 or the 9.5.
I'm leaning more to the 6by10.

I use the 6x10 most of the time & get great depth from it. In my area it is deeper than the 10 D2 I don't know if it is just a perfect match to my machine but it does a good job. If I want to hunt trash it is great, when I take it off I replace it with the 6x4. I have the 10 D2 & have had the 12" as well as the 9.5 tried them all & keep going back to the 6x10.

Just done a quick air test with the 8x6 sef.Settings were relic mode,threshold just audible,gain at +1 and discrim at 1.9.These are the settings i use most of the time on my fields......the air tests were conducted so the target was picked up with a good two way signal ,even if feint.
Dime..........9"
quarter........11"
Thin gold ring......11.5".
I know tests like this don't equate to ground depths but they are interesting as a rough guide.I'd like to know what the 10x6 will do on the same targets at the same settings just out of interest.