Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

9.5x6 inch LG24 coil

I was not aware getting the 6x9 was an issue. Richard at Backwoods had one for me months ago and I have found it to be a most effective coil. The additional coverage over the 6" makes any discussion of potential loss of separation mute if there really is any. However , Richard also got me the largest coil(LG35?) which seldom leaves the Legend these days.

I personally hate swinging the 11" (I swing fast). I'm guessing all the companies use them for the 'depth is everything' people and comparison vids. I wish they had a 9" but for now I'm still waiting on the 6x9. I know 1 guy that has it and he said he'll never use the 11" again.

sprchng
Will you be making a better video so we can decide if Nokta ever decides to make them again whether we want to spend our useless green backs on one?

sprchng
Will you be making a better video so we can decide if Nokta ever decides to make them again whether we want to spend our useless green backs on one?
I don't make videos , the screen on my flip phone is just too small to edit on.:) Trust me , if coverage and equal depth and separation are part of the equation the 6 x 9 is well worth the money over the 6". If someone wants a 6" I would be happy to sell them mine.

It seems like everybody wants something different from the 6x9 coil….I think that it will work well when I’m knee or deeper in saltwater …Bigger than the 6 inch…great pinpointing (great for the ocean ), and very light !!….I’ll bring the 11 inch for dry sand if the 6x9 doesn’t work out…

My little 6 inch coil stays with me until further notice…It’s a tot lot killer !!

The 6" round is a great coil, like the small coil on the Nox, if they just would have put the coil ears in the center, instead of on the side.
The 9.5"x 5" size coil has been a proven favorite size coil for many different machines over the years.
I got the LG30 coil, and after all the updates that did improve the detector tremendously, I just expected more from the machine when it comes to hitting lower conductive targets next to iron, masking.
Maybe they can improve on this by the time of the next update.

I also purchased the 9.5x5 coil for the legend from Richard back in February. I like it better than the 11 “ . Weight and easier pinpointing for me and it gets decent depth and seperation. Didn’t know there was an issue ordering one at this time . Go figure.

I also purchased the 9.5x5 coil for the legend from Richard back in February. I like it better than the 11 “ . Weight and easier pinpointing for me and it gets decent depth and seperation. Didn’t know there was an issue ordering one at this time . Go figure.
I just saw today, Bart at Big Boys had them in stock for those interested.

Thanks Mark, just ordered one.
Hmm
Not finding them.

Screenshot_20230918-204046.png

Just an FYI on a performance occurrance today while detecting a typical trashy park with the 6x9. Ground reading was probably pretty mild with a 23 GB reading and running at 29 sensitivity I managed to get a good enough signal bouncing around in the low 50's and dug an 8" deep quarter which the ground here usually doesn't permit in M3. I have been very impressed with the Legend's depth with the LG35 and the 6x9 is no exception.

Big boy hobbies does NOT have them in stock as his web site says. He hasn't updated it forever. From what I heard there is a good chance it'll be spring before they get more here in the states.

Big boy hobbies does NOT have them in stock as his web site says. He hasn't updated it forever. From what I heard there is a good chance it'll be spring before they get more here in the states.
Did you get one ?
How y'all liking it ??