Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

9.5x6 inch LG24 coil

oldkoot

I have been waiting for this coil to get to the U.S but after watching History Revisited's comparison video between the 6 inch round coil and the new LG24 9.5x6 coil I am really on the fence with this one the 6 inch round worked way better then the 9.5x6, I am going to have to do some thinking about this one

here is the video I referred to

I honestly see absolutely no value in sitting through disjointed chaotic indecipherable videos like this . I do gain appreciable for respect for those capable of subjecting themselves to watching the entire thing and also reassure myself that the best way to do a true review of an item is to do it myself. I'm still waiting for the 6 x 9 to become available and anxious to give a run through a recently acquired site.

I honestly see absolutely no value in sitting through disjointed chaotic indecipherable videos like this . I do gain appreciable for respect for those capable of subjecting themselves to watching the entire thing and also reassure myself that the best way to do a true review of an item is to do it myself. I'm still waiting for the 6 x 9 to become available and anxious to give a run through a recently acquired site.
I'm not sure what you're talking about, that video was a very direct comparison. Not much setup or extraneous information. If you couldn't follow it then perhaps you may need to talk to your doctor about an adderall prescription.

For those that didn't watch, the 6x9 had more trouble with the targets that had iron/coke around them. Otherwise it appeared to be similar to the 6 inch coil. Based on this video alone if you already have the 6 there isn't much reason to get the 6x9. If you do not have the 6 and hint areas that are not iron infested (tot lots, or parks in the States for instance) then you may do better with the 6x9 and it provides more coverage. This video doesn't really do much to compare absolute depth between the two.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, that video was a very direct comparison. Not much setup or extraneous information. If you couldn't follow it then perhaps you may need to talk to your doctor about an adderall prescription.
I avoid Dr.s , they have waiting rooms,,,,but I appreciate your synopsis. I got the gist of the video in 10 seconds of reading instead of wasting 10 minutes staring at a monitor.

I avoid Dr.s , they have waiting rooms,,,,but I appreciate your synopsis. I got the gist of the video in 10 seconds of reading instead of wasting 10 minutes staring at a monitor.
From your reading what's your thoughts.
Yes I'm interested.

If you have to stand there pushing buttons you might as well be home playing games
Its all personal preference. Some like pushing buttons, adjusting settings etc its like playing a video game outside.
Personally i just want to set it once and just give me a beep when it finds metal lol.
Some take it way too seriously and think you are stupid if you don’t know how to operate a v31 and talk like you are reading a thesaurus 😂
Whatever floats your boat, in layman’s terms lol.
As for the coils I’ve always said the 6”
on the legend is a beast. The lg24 will give you slightly more coverage but its a tough choice if you already have the 6”.
But thats jmo without comparing the performance between the two. Different soils could possibly make a big difference for some that others might not notice. But again what do i know I don’t speak English like a 17th century poet using a thesaurus

Its all personal preference. Some like pushing buttons, adjusting settings etc its like playing a video game outside.
Personally i just want to set it once and just give me a beep when it finds metal lol.
Some take it way too seriously and think you are stupid if you don’t know how to operate a v31 and talk like you are reading a thesaurus 😂
Whatever floats your boat, in layman’s terms lol.
As for the coils I’ve always said the 6”
on the legend is a beast. The lg24 will give you slightly more coverage but its a tough choice if you already have the 6”.
But thats jmo without comparing the performance between the two. Different soils could possibly make a big difference for some that others might not notice. But again what do i know I don’t speak English like a 17th century poet using a thesaurus
I think we're all missing the main advantage point of the LG24 coil. Yes it may struggle more in the really trashy areas we all hunt BUT along with the added coverage (and a little bit extra depth) we get a coil with properly placed coil ears near the center of the coil! I don't know about you guys but that's the only thing that irks me a little with the LG15 coil. I'm constantly readjusting the angle on it (and I keep it pretty tight). This feature alone makes the LG24 worth purchasing to me. And if it's performance happens to come close to the LG15, consider selling it to recoup some or most of the cost of the LG24. Personally, I will probably hold on to both as the LG15 is an absolute KILLER in the trash! :) HH! George

Ok----Now that we got all of that (kinda) settled. :)-------WHEN is this LG24 going to get in our hands???------Nokta was supposed to have sent out a shipment of them to the U.S. the first part of Jan.

The stock coil does pretty well in the trash if you use it right. For instance, the famous nail board test: If you only get 5 out of eight, there are 5 different directions that will identify the object. Plus you can tilt the nose down to reduce masking from other objects. However in big rocks and tight places, the LG24 would be better than either, with the pointed nose. Just my opinion.

I think we're all missing the main advantage point of the LG24 coil. Yes it may struggle more in the really trashy areas we all hunt BUT along with the added coverage (and a little bit extra depth) we get a coil with properly placed coil ears near the center of the coil! I don't know about you guys but that's the only thing that irks me a little with the LG15 coil. I'm constantly readjusting the angle on it (and I keep it pretty tight). This feature alone makes the LG24 worth purchasing to me. And if it's performance happens to come close to the LG15, consider selling it to recoup some or most of the cost of the LG24. Personally, I will probably hold on to both as the LG15 is an absolute KILLER in the trash! :) HH! George
you are correct, the coil ear location on the 6 inch is my only complaint with the 6 inch, I am going to get the 9.5x6 and hope it performs like the 9.5x5 on the simplex, I will also be getting the LG30 because of the weight difference between it and the LG28 the LG30 is supposed to be way lighter than the LG28

Should get the same depth as a 9" coil would.
well if it is anything like the 9.5x5 on the simplex the 9.5x6 on the Legend will get close to the same depth as the 11 inch on the Legend, because that is what I have seen on the simplex, the 9.5x5 on the Simplex gets almost the same depth as the 11 inch on the simplex

Again everyone has different preferences obviously lol.
Personally im not a big fan of the 11” primarily because im just not into digging deep holes anymore, and then there is size, weight, separation etc
Id be happy with just two. Not the 11” and 6” rather the 6” and 6x9. Thats just me.
I heard they would ship here after new years, we are just into the third week.
Last time I received something from that part of the world it shipped on schedule but got held up in customs three times between Germany and Miami. Customs had it longer than it was moving with the shipper.
Im sure they shipped out more than just one or two and probably in time after new years. Im betting customs in different places slowed the process especially if it was a large amount. I wouldn’t come down hard on NM just yet.
Remember we all need to practice the three P’s lol. One being patience.🤔

I don't believe that is correct. As I understand it, the depth comes from the distance of the outer wiring wraps "out" from the inner wraps where the signal is sent down.
Very interesting topic as that is how I understood how it works. 9” coil = 9”depth 11” coil = 11” depth. However what are the parameters?
Is that only on coin (quarter) size targets, can you pick up a coke can deeper, do any other components determine depth, for example the new MC detector has same size coil but claims to go deeper.
Not to mention ground conditions will effect depth.