Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

9 by 12 concentric coil

coin hunter

Has any member used the 9 by 12 concentric coil on the AT PRo and found that it goes a little deeper than the DD coil. I have one on my AT Pro and ready to go hunting but the ground is frozen here in NY. I have read it goes deeper and then read it doesn't. The concentric coil is suppose to cover a bigger area but may miss targets because of the cone shape detection where as the DD detects straight across but narrow. I really wanted to get a bigger DD coil but doesn't look like Garrett has one out yet, if ever. I did a fast air test before changing the DD coil to the concentric and thought it make off got a half inche or so but after spending a hundred dollars it may have been just wishful thinking. I did see a short video but the test was done in standard mode. Garrett has a video out with the Concentric coil on the AT Pro but not much detail on that video. Just trying to get a little more depth, you know how that goes, more money more money.

A concentric coil of that size should be good if your soil is not heavy on minerals.Your thinking is correct.You just have to overlap more on your swings. B-)

I'm with you on the subject of the concentric coil and the AT Pro. Show me the results. The only reason I have for purchasing a new coil is that it will be an aid in helping me get what I want. I purchased the 5X8" DD coil and the 4 1/2" Sniper which were both great investments. My style of hunting is coin and jewelry, with emphasis on the jewelry. I hunt mainly parks and schools and during summer I hunt the local river and nearby lakes. It appears the few people have reported results with the concentric have reported excellent results. I'm seriously looking into purchasing the smaller 6.5x9 concentric. I have to consider ground mineralization here, but am looking for the more ground coverage aspect at some of the sites I hunt. I am hoping it will, like the other coils, be a great tool to assist me. Good luck and happy hunting.

The DD coil was doing fine on the AT PRO and found some nice targets . Had my confidence that I was finding ever thing that could be found. I had the feel of the coil and it felt like a tool. Until I find a good deep target I will be wondering if I'm missing something that the DD would have found. Its much like starting out with a new machine and building up some confidence. Thanks for your responses. If the snow melts maybe I'll check for the Quarter that I buried 2 years ago