Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

9 day turnaround for a repair....counting shipping days!

nagov

Kudos to Garrett repairs in Texas.....I have one of those other fancy three letter named detectors at home and no way could that company ever pull off a 9 day return after repairs....now to see if anything has changed with the shaft ends at the coil connector. I'll post results tomorrow after I get it home.

Cliff

John-Edmonton said:
Garrett has always been recognized for it's excellent customer service!

Can't agree more John with the customer service, however now with a new coil on it, I see no change in solving the problem of wear on the coil wires....basically, I need to either adjust the machine to my useable length and leave it there or sell the ATX.....IF I extend and retract the shaft, it is only going to happen again....the tolerance is too close for the coiled cable and it will get scuffed up again and eventually fail. The ends of the fiberglass shaft need to be chamfered at the factory prior to assembly to prevent the sharp ragged edges from cutting into the cable when shortening the shaft.

Cliff

You should get some heat shrink slide it over the connector and coiled wire, shrink it to the wire, tie wrap it if it needs it.

GarettMan said:
You should get some heat shrink slide it over the connector and coiled wire, shrink it to the wire, tie wrap it if it needs it.

That thought did cross my mind and it may really be a good idea.

Cliff