Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

9" HF round coil and frequencies

I just bought a new 9" HF round coil and think I have a problem. Freq 14 is set in the middle @14.4 as it should be. Freq 28 is set at the highest @31.3 not in the middle @28.8 so basically the default freq is 31.3 instead of 28.8. Freq 54 is set in the middle @54.4 as it should be. I thought all frequencies were set in the middle and you could adjust them up or down but my 28.8 is set at the highest. I know I can change it to 28.8 and save it but was wondering why it is not set in the middle to start with.

There isn't a "default" frequency. The frequency is controlled by the Control Module. Just drop it to where you want it. It's not like the difference in performance between 28.8 and 31.3 is anything you'll ever be able to notice. I think you're way over thinking it. Set it where you want it and save it. Next time you turn on that program, you'll have your 28.8.

As above, and as a side note don't think the 54khz is the be all and end all, I've found targets with 31 khz that when I've switched to 54 have broken up so badly I wouldn't have dug. Gaz.

As above, and as a side note don't think the 54khz is the be all and end all, I've found targets with 31 khz that when I've switched to 54 have broken up so badly I wouldn't have dug. Gaz.
That’s interesting and good to know. Thanks